[For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
sygyzy
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: [For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by sygyzy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:38 pm

I have a question about how the HDMI board is supposed to be mounted after using this bracket. The bracket seems to fit perfectly (thanks Erik) on my test fit. I know the little cylinder raises the height of the HDMI board but it only raises it on one end. Is the other end supposed to kind of float in the air? If you hold the bottom side (against the bracket) down tight, then push on the top side until the HDMI board touches a standoff, then it's uneven. Is the HDMI board only secured with a screw on one side? This seems kind of unstable since there'll be flex whenever you plug in or remove a cable. What am I missing here? Thanks.

User avatar
erik_gee
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:57 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 187 times

Re: [For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by erik_gee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:30 pm

sygyzy wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:38 pm
I have a question about how the HDMI board is supposed to be mounted after using this bracket. The bracket seems to fit perfectly (thanks Erik) on my test fit. I know the little cylinder raises the height of the HDMI board but it only raises it on one end. Is the other end supposed to kind of float in the air? If you hold the bottom side (against the bracket) down tight, then push on the top side until the HDMI board touches a standoff, then it's uneven. Is the HDMI board only secured with a screw on one side? This seems kind of unstable since there'll be flex whenever you plug in or remove a cable. What am I missing here? Thanks.
By other side, do you mean the side closest to the top of the shell ?
Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

sygyzy
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: [For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by sygyzy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Yes closest to the top of the shell. It seems to me all the stress on the board is the interaction with the ports which is close to the top but the attachment point is through your bracket on the bottom. Are you supposed to also screw in the board at the top, in which case it'd be uneven since there's no spacer there.

User avatar
erik_gee
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:57 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 187 times

Re: [For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by erik_gee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:42 am

The top is held together when you close the case and place the screw through the case screw post. So that top screw post that holds the case together, that's the second point that keeps it flat. It happens once you close the case. And you don't need a space for it because that screw post is higher. It's actually the reason the bottom even needs a spacer, otherwise it would float. Try closing the case and screwing in that post if what I'm saying isn't making sense, it's a little hard to explain over the internet haha
Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

sygyzy
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: [For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by sygyzy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:50 am

Hmm ok let me take a closer look when I get home. I understand what you are saying in concept, but when I was doing the test fitting, I could have sworn that the side with your space (close to the bracket) made the board sit higher than the case screw post.

User avatar
erik_gee
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:57 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 187 times

Re: [For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by erik_gee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:12 pm

sygyzy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:50 am
Hmm ok let me take a closer look when I get home. I understand what you are saying in concept, but when I was doing the test fitting, I could have sworn that the side with your space (close to the bracket) made the board sit higher than the case screw post.
Oh ok. It might be possible. I tried finding the perfect height but it's possible the print may have came out slightly raised. The spacer boards that come with your kite set are 1mm each. So it raises the HDMI board by 2mm but that's slightly high. My cap raises it about 1.6 mm which I thought was a better fit.
Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

User avatar
HoolyHoo
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:34 pm
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 726 times

Re: [For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:23 pm

erik_gee wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:12 pm
sygyzy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:50 am
Hmm ok let me take a closer look when I get home. I understand what you are saying in concept, but when I was doing the test fitting, I could have sworn that the side with your space (close to the bracket) made the board sit higher than the case screw post.
Oh ok. It might be possible. I tried finding the perfect height but it's possible the print may have came out slightly raised. The spacer boards that come with your kite set are 1mm each. So it raises the HDMI board by 2mm but that's slightly high. My cap raises it about 1.6 mm which I thought was a better fit.
Erik, I can independently confirm than 1.6mm is the height needed to make Kite's daughterboard perfectly level. That is what I used on the spacer for my Universal PCB back button board as well. :)

sygyzy
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: [For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by sygyzy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Let me do some more testing fitting tonight. I can always sand the spacer or print out new ones at finer resolution to get things more precise. Or try to alter the models in the worst case scenario. Thanks for all your work Erik.

User avatar
erik_gee
Posts: 349
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:57 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 187 times

Re: [For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by erik_gee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:05 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:23 pm
erik_gee wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:12 pm
sygyzy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:50 am
Hmm ok let me take a closer look when I get home. I understand what you are saying in concept, but when I was doing the test fitting, I could have sworn that the side with your space (close to the bracket) made the board sit higher than the case screw post.
Oh ok. It might be possible. I tried finding the perfect height but it's possible the print may have came out slightly raised. The spacer boards that come with your kite set are 1mm each. So it raises the HDMI board by 2mm but that's slightly high. My cap raises it about 1.6 mm which I thought was a better fit.
Erik, I can independently confirm than 1.6mm is the height needed to make Kite's daughterboard perfectly level. That is what I used on the spacer for my Universal PCB back button board as well. :)
Yeah I think we discussed this on instragram as well haha yup, tried a few iterations and felt it fit the best at this height as well. Always great when you have other designers that can confirm 👍
Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

User avatar
Italian77
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:54 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: [For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by Italian77 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:57 pm

If I print out the parts myself, what type of screws do I need?
My first Circuit Sword build - Custom Painted
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5855

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest