[SALE] Retro PSU, a 3.5A Output capable Boost Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

[SALE] Retro PSU, a 3.5A Output capable Boost Board

Post by Helder » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Hey everyone I have been working on a better PSU for all the pi projects people build and we all use 1 of the 2 widely used boards to power our projects (the PowerBoost 1000C or the Generic Chinese ones) but they are no longer as useful as they once were.

These new boards all require 2A or more to work properly like the new Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and the other Pi clones like Banana Pi and Orange Pi which has led me to develop my own power board that can meet these requirements and then some. The 2 other boards just don't have the chops to handle these newer boards and not only them but the other peripherals such as HDMI LCDs and other usb devices.

Features:
  • 97% efficiency at full battery charge (4.2v)

• 93-95% efficiency at 3.3v to 3.6v battery charge

• Outputs up to 3.5A @ 5.20v

• Small Size of 23.5mm x 34mm (slightly smaller than the PowerBoost 1000C)

• Optional Enable Pin to turn off the boost portion just like the PowerBoost series boards from Adafruit

• Charge/Charged LEDs with optional pads to mount LEDs elsewhere for customization

• TP4056 1A charge IC to charge the battery

• ADS1015 to do battery monitoring ala mintyPi Battery Monitoring Script using the I2C pads (Thanks HoolyHoo for the work on it)

• ADS1015 can also support an Analog Stick so that option in on the board as well and software is released below (big thanks to Othermod on his analog stick code and Bluup for integrating everything into the software)

• Multiple Outputs , 2 to be exact so you can run wires to multiple devices (use 24AWG to get the full amperage!)

• Multiple Inputs, Micro USB to recharge the battery and input pads if you want to solder to another usb port like on the Shell of a GB

Software on GitHub:https://github.com/Helder1981/OneForAll

Price $25!! plus $5 shipping WorldWide and paypal fees (a little over $1)

Analog Stick Pinout

Video of me demoing it with a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and a Keidi HDMI LCD all powered from a single Lipo battery (2000mAh which runs about 1hour in this configuration)

Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: [Preorder] Retro PSU, a 3.5A Output capable Boost Board

Post by Helder » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Wermy is testing some other boards and has also tested the Pi 3 B+ with a 7 inch HDMI lcd and has had no issues from a 4000mAh battery. He even tested the Odroid XU4 and it ran for a short time but that thing requires close to 4A to run reliably, we plan to test 2 of the PSU board linked up to possibly power this beast.

Banana Pi and Orange Pi boards have also been tested and work fine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmHTVbiFGyh ... _copy_link

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Top notch work, as always! I'm in for 2.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:01 pm

Picked one up!! Thanks. Now to get my arcade cab printed...

tinkerbutter

Post by tinkerbutter » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Just checked out for one. This will definitely save space in my Wii handheld project. Thumbs up!

ekilla

Post by ekilla » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:32 am

Just ordered one too, sounds great.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:51 am

I just want everyone to know the Estimated delivery to me from the factory is a 4-6 weeks, so I'd say mid to late September you will start getting email notifications of the shipments. It's usually sooner but you never know how things go.

obsidianspider

Post by obsidianspider » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:16 pm

What does the "analog stick" area control?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:57 pm

An analog stick, you can use a PSP or 3DS analog stick for controls without the need for an MCU. Software will be released soon for it and I will show it off.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:59 pm

what is the max input voltage ? can i use a 2S LiPo battery with the board ? voltage varies from 6V (depleted) to 8.4 (fully charged)
Thanks for your work :D
Follow me on instagram Image