[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
User avatar
Robochris
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 am
Location: Ohio
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Robochris » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Just for anyone else out there doing a diy build, I found a few parts from mouser (I’m in the US btw) like the 40pin header, audio amp, and the sparkfun power switch reasonably priced and quick shipping.

Also, not sure where to ask but, did or will wermy release the L/R bracket from his build video? I’m not sure I have the confidence to adequately design my own.

And where can I find tiny magnets like he used and extra gbp buttons too?

-robochris

User avatar
KonnorJ
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:23 am
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 109 times
Contact:

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by KonnorJ » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Robochris wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:11 pm
Just for anyone else out there doing a diy build, I found a few parts from mouser (I’m in the US btw) like the 40pin header, audio amp, and the sparkfun power switch reasonably priced and quick shipping.

Also, not sure where to ask but, did or will wermy release the L/R bracket from his build video? I’m not sure I have the confidence to adequately design my own.

And where can I find tiny magnets like he used and extra gbp buttons too?

-robochris
Hey magnets can be found here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tiny-8mm-x-3 ... 6pYKc3x1AA

I'm using this STL and it is great

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3195806

But I believe wermy will be releasing his and we (GG) will have STLs up soon.

Extra GBP buttons can be bought from eBay or AliExpress cheaply.
Konnor (GG)

User avatar
Robochris
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 am
Location: Ohio
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Robochris » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:42 pm

KonnorJ wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:58 pm
Robochris wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:11 pm
Just for anyone else out there doing a diy build, I found a few parts from mouser (I’m in the US btw) like the 40pin header, audio amp, and the sparkfun power switch reasonably priced and quick shipping.

Also, not sure where to ask but, did or will wermy release the L/R bracket from his build video? I’m not sure I have the confidence to adequately design my own.

And where can I find tiny magnets like he used and extra gbp buttons too?

-robochris
Hey magnets can be found here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tiny-8mm-x-3 ... 6pYKc3x1AA

I'm using this STL and it is great

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3195806

But I believe wermy will be releasing his and we (GG) will have STLs up soon.

Extra GBP buttons can be bought from eBay or AliExpress cheaply.
Konnor (GG)
Thanks man! You’re awesome.

User avatar
ekilla
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:04 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by ekilla » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:01 am

Hi Guys,

I know this might be annoying, but I need to ask. I can´t help it.
How is the shipping going?

I mean we (pre) ordered this back in august and back then you intened to ship these great little things at the end of september.
And I was like, can I wait that long? I need it. Now. :D
It might be me and maybe because of a language barrier, but in between there were some occasions where I thought they will arrive soon.
But I was wrong.
For example you wrote at some point "the lenses are on it´s way" I thought the final ones, but seems it was the test ones and it took some time for them to arrive too.


So just to know what to expect, could you already start shipping the first ones?
You know, after seeing Wermys video about his I´m even more excited to get mine.
Don´t get me wrong, I totaly get what was the problem, that´s no problem, this sucks but this can happen.
But waiting sucks too :)
Man, was I ever that much impatient? I don´t hink so...

Thank you for your work.
In Advance ;)


ekilla

User avatar
Ely
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:44 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Ely » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:53 am

Hey,
Same here, still waiting for bare pcb tier 1 and 2.
Any news on the shipping ?

User avatar
Robochris
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 am
Location: Ohio
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Robochris » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:40 am

Ely wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:53 am
Hey,
Same here, still waiting for bare pcb tier 1 and 2.
Any news on the shipping ?
Yikes. Sorry man. I don’t want to stir anything up, it seems like they got in a little over their heads on some things. I got my bare pcbs back in November or December. I can’t remember exactly. I’m hoping for the best for everyone.

Karn Silver Golem
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Karn Silver Golem » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:45 am

ekilla wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:01 am
Hi Guys,

I know this might be annoying, but I need to ask. I can´t help it.
How is the shipping going?

I mean we (pre) ordered this back in august and back then you intened to ship these great little things at the end of september.
And I was like, can I wait that long? I need it. Now. :D
It might be me and maybe because of a language barrier, but in between there were some occasions where I thought they will arrive soon.
But I was wrong.
For example you wrote at some point "the lenses are on it´s way" I thought the final ones, but seems it was the test ones and it took some time for them to arrive too.


So just to know what to expect, could you already start shipping the first ones?
You know, after seeing Wermys video about his I´m even more excited to get mine.
Don´t get me wrong, I totaly get what was the problem, that´s no problem, this sucks but this can happen.
But waiting sucks too :)
Man, was I ever that much impatient? I don´t hink so...

Thank you for your work.
In Advance ;)


ekilla
Same here. I don’t want to be „pushy“, but i just can‘t wait anymore! :D

User avatar
KonnorJ
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:23 am
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 109 times
Contact:

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by KonnorJ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:05 pm

Really sorry for the wait guys, we are trying our best to get them out to you! We aim to have them shipped by the start of February, trust me its worth the wait :)

User avatar
AntFJ
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:09 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by AntFJ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:13 pm

KonnorJ wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:05 pm
Really sorry for the wait guys, we are trying our best to get them out to you! We aim to have them shipped by the start of February, trust me its worth the wait :)
February is when tier 3 bare pcbs are supposed to ship. Is this still the case or are they delayed as well?

Im trying not to get involved with the tier1&2 discussion as I ordered under tier 3 and you still have time but... it only takes 4 weeks to order and recieve pcbs from China. And then another week to actually ship them out. Where exactly is your delay? Every two weeks you push it back another two weeks. What is going on?

Will tier 3 be delayed as well?

Bluup
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:40 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 78 times
Contact:

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Bluup » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Hi Guys, thought I'd answer some of the questions I've seen but firstly, apologies I've not been as active on here as I, and I'm sure you, wanted. We've been so busy getting things ready to ship that I got tunnel vision just making sure it all goes smoothly.

Shipping is still on schedule to be completed for Tier 1 by 24th January, it's on track. Some of you might receive it one to two weeks after due to international shipping but they will be out by that date. Bare boards included.

The boards could have been shipped quicker, that delay is on me. I had the bare boards that I only ended up sending with the first batch of boards I'd put together so waiting to complete the finished boards is what delayed the bare boards being sent to GalaxyGaming for distribution. I can only apologise for that, I didn't think it through fully as I was so focused on soldering and shipping finished boards.

After putting together so many by hand we opted to get the rest made in a factory. The main reason was that the putting together wasn't too time consuming but the quality checking was. We had to make sure what we were sending would work.
It took an additional 4 weeks sourcing a board house, getting the files together and negotiating a price. Good news is that after Tier 1 is out the rest will follow quickly as they'll all be back from the factory in one go.

I just wanted to say thank you for the patience. I know if I was in your shoes I would have some doubt and also want what I paid for. All I can say is that scaling up our hobby project to the scale required was A LOT tougher than either of us thought and it was a steep learning curve and time has been short as we've also had to do this around our 9-5 jobs and making time when we can. August to now is a long time but it's been filled with nothing but making sure we get these out and we're nearly there!
Looking for info on how to get started with the Pocket FE? Check out http://www.bluuplabs.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest