[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
AntFJ

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by AntFJ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:53 am

I paid for 3.70gbp international shipping.

What is the point of order numbers if you can't even confirm if you shipped...

galaxygaming

Post by galaxygaming » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:24 am

AntFJ wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:53 am
I paid for 3.70gbp international shipping.

What is the point of order numbers if you can't even confirm if you shipped...
Hey Ant,

Those orders are shipped and were shipped the day you got that email confirmation. The tracking option you chose is just standard International delivery.

You should have them fairly soon by Royal Mails estimates which you can see here
https://www.royalmail.com/personal/inte ... l-standard

Cheers, Hope they arrive soon for you :)

Rich

Nikosaeder

Post by Nikosaeder » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:06 am

@KonnorJ @Bluup

In preparation for building my PocketPi FE I ordered/bought:
1. a soldering station.
2. JST 2.0 PH 2-Pin connector crimp set.
3. Kapton tape 10mm.
4. Neodymium magnets 8mm x 3mm x 1mm.

As already mentioned above I want the JST connector for the battery.
The magnets are for holding the cartridge in place as seen in wermys building video. I hope they are tiny enough?

Do I need something else?
Does the kit contain a Game Boy Game Cartridge and a sticker for the cartridge (they are not mentioned in the Kit Contents)?

Can you tell me, if the Custom Glass Lens is made out of glass or plastic? I think the original lenses are made of plastic, e.g. my old Gameboy Color has a lot of scratches :D

The Kit Contents lists a Wireless Charging Cart. This sounds like a cool feature. I have no experience with wireless charging (my phone is too old for that ^^). If I want to try that, can I use any wireless charging pad (QI-charger?!)? Do I have to pay attention to something special during the purchase (10W, 7.5W etc)?

By the way. There seems to be a problem with the `PocketFE-RC-1.0.img.zip` file (https://github.com/withgallantry/RetropieFE/releases).
I've seen that a user reported an issue: https://github.com/withgallantry/RetropieFE/issues/1

I can reproduce the issue. I am using Linux Mint 19. I downloaded the zip while, right-clicked on the zip file and extracted it. It stops with an error and the extracted file has only about 4GB.
I was able to extract it successfully through the terminal, which doesn't gives any error and results in an extracted file with about 8GB.

Regards

galaxygaming

Post by galaxygaming » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Nikosaeder wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:06 am
@KonnorJ @Bluup

In preparation for building my PocketPi FE I ordered/bought:
1. a soldering station.
2. JST 2.0 PH 2-Pin connector crimp set.
3. Kapton tape 10mm.
4. Neodymium magnets 8mm x 3mm x 1mm.

As already mentioned above I want the JST connector for the battery.
The magnets are for holding the cartridge in place as seen in wermys building video. I hope they are tiny enough?

Do I need something else?
Does the kit contain a Game Boy Game Cartridge and a sticker for the cartridge (they are not mentioned in the Kit Contents)?

Can you tell me, if the Custom Glass Lens is made out of glass or plastic? I think the original lenses are made of plastic, e.g. my old Gameboy Color has a lot of scratches :D

The Kit Contents lists a Wireless Charging Cart. This sounds like a cool feature. I have no experience with wireless charging (my phone is too old for that ^^). If I want to try that, can I use any wireless charging pad (QI-charger?!)? Do I have to pay attention to something special during the purchase (10W, 7.5W etc)?

By the way. There seems to be a problem with the `PocketFE-RC-1.0.img.zip` file (https://github.com/withgallantry/RetropieFE/releases).
I've seen that a user reported an issue: https://github.com/withgallantry/RetropieFE/issues/1

I can reproduce the issue. I am using Linux Mint 19. I downloaded the zip while, right-clicked on the zip file and extracted it. It stops with an error and the extracted file has only about 4GB.
I was able to extract it successfully through the terminal, which doesn't gives any error and results in an extracted file with about 8GB.

Regards
Hey
The kit comes with a cart but not a cart sticker so you will need to get one of those if you wish, I reccomend one from YaYa.

The custom glass lens is indeed made of glass.

You can use any QI charging pad for the wireless charging cart there are no special requirements outside of QI.

I have extracted that same file with the stock windows extractor no issue, maybe something on your end or something @bluup may need to look into. Sounds like you have successfully extracted regardless.

Let me know if i can do anything else for you.

Thanks -Konnor

pippitto87

Post by pippitto87 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:13 am

A link for the stl files like screen support and additional buttons?

galaxygaming

Post by galaxygaming » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:36 pm

pippitto87 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:13 am
A link for the stl files like screen support and additional buttons?
Hey they will be uploaded soon, reason for this being we need to update our rear button bracket to accommodate the improved PCB variant, will update when they are uploaded.

Cheers, Konnor

Joeblowv1

Post by Joeblowv1 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:23 pm

Hey Konnor,

Will you also be releasing a bracket for the buttons for those of us who went blank PCB? (original file?) whatever wermy used

Thanks again!

galaxygaming

Post by galaxygaming » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Joeblowv1 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:23 pm
Hey Konnor,

Will you also be releasing a bracket for the buttons for those of us who went blank PCB? (original file?) whatever wermy used

Thanks again!
I believe so, in the mean time you can try ampersands on thingiverse but it is not 100% compatible with the board. Requires removal of th battery connector outs should work with all on the board.

-Konnor

cedschmurz

Post by cedschmurz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:52 am

Hello,

First, sorry for my english :ugeek:

I'd have 2-3 questions about the Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE :
=> I read that you could have an optional HDMI output but is it possible to play 2 on a TV (with 2 controllers) ?
=> About quality : will the rendering on TV be as good as my Rasbperry Pi 3 currently with the super nintendo / neoGeo games on my TV in terms of fluidity ?
=>What about availability?
I know that the product was not available yet, but in how long will it be available ?
=> How much does it count for a delivery in France?

Tanx for reading

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:45 pm

cedschmurz wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:52 am
Hello,

First, sorry for my english :ugeek:

I'd have 2-3 questions about the Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE :
=> I read that you could have an optional HDMI output but is it possible to play 2 on a TV (with 2 controllers) ?
=> About quality : will the rendering on TV be as good as my Rasbperry Pi 3 currently with the super nintendo / neoGeo games on my TV in terms of fluidity ?
=>What about availability?
I know that the product was not available yet, but in how long will it be available ?
=> How much does it count for a delivery in France?

Tanx for reading
Yes its possible to play 2 player if you have the controller to connect, not sure what you mean about the quality, it outputs the same HDMI signal as the pi3 so quality is the same, the pi zero plays snes games pretty weel with some minor slowdown occasionally, after round 3 has shipped we will put spares on the site for anyone to buy, first come first served.