[ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Nikosaeder
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:42 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Nikosaeder » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:54 pm

Bluup wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:21 am
Ah, apologies for that! I put together a spreadsheet for GG and when I first did it, it wasn't super apparent which was uncut and which was for a cut shell. If you'd like a cut one I can send you one.
If you have a cutted shell lying around, could you take some photos, so I could compare, what I have to cut. I know about wermys video, but he had a few different parts, e.g. the back buttons were different.

I'm going to buy a drill tomorrow, which wermy used to cut the holes.
He's using a dremel to cut the battery part. Do you think a fretsaw would do the job as well? Or do I need a dremel for a cleaner job?

DjoshUnchained
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:43 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by DjoshUnchained » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:38 pm

Bluup wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:21 am
DjoshUnchained wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:01 am
Thanks for the post about the magnets, I must have missed it. I'm in Australia, so it'll probably be easier for me to buy them from somewhere locally.

I think they are required, they're how the game cart stays inside the body of the gameboy.


I did however receive an uncut shell. I didn't ask for one and nor would I have said yes if I had been asked.
Ah, apologies for that! I put together a spreadsheet for GG and when I first did it, it wasn't super apparent which was uncut and which was for a cut shell. If you'd like a cut one I can send you one.
Now the magnets, we had some Pis that were unstable, it seemed that the magnets were affecting it, even though they shouldn't have. So when the bracket was redesigned for the silicon buttons, they were removed. I've been adding tape to bulk up the sides so the cases stay in with friction. The magnets will still work, attaching on inside the cart and one in the side of the cart well works it's just we don't send them now incase it causes instability and peoples devices don't work that well.
Yeah, I would like a cut one please.

That's fair enough, I'll just do what you suggested and bulk up the sides of the cart with tape.

User avatar
KonnorJ
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:23 am
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 109 times
Contact:

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by KonnorJ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:07 am

Nikosaeder wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:54 pm
Bluup wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:21 am
Ah, apologies for that! I put together a spreadsheet for GG and when I first did it, it wasn't super apparent which was uncut and which was for a cut shell. If you'd like a cut one I can send you one.
If you have a cutted shell lying around, could you take some photos, so I could compare, what I have to cut. I know about wermys video, but he had a few different parts, e.g. the back buttons were different.

I'm going to buy a drill tomorrow, which wermy used to cut the holes.
He's using a dremel to cut the battery part. Do you think a fretsaw would do the job as well? Or do I need a dremel for a cleaner job?
I've had good luck with dremels and with a xacto and pliers to do clean cuts, make sure to have a ruler handy

Nikosaeder
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:42 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Nikosaeder » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:24 pm

KonnorJ wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:07 am
Nikosaeder wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:54 pm
Bluup wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:21 am
Ah, apologies for that! I put together a spreadsheet for GG and when I first did it, it wasn't super apparent which was uncut and which was for a cut shell. If you'd like a cut one I can send you one.
If you have a cutted shell lying around, could you take some photos, so I could compare, what I have to cut. I know about wermys video, but he had a few different parts, e.g. the back buttons were different.

I'm going to buy a drill tomorrow, which wermy used to cut the holes.
He's using a dremel to cut the battery part. Do you think a fretsaw would do the job as well? Or do I need a dremel for a cleaner job?
I've had good luck with dremels and with a xacto and pliers to do clean cuts, make sure to have a ruler handy
Thanks. I don't have a dremel. So I used a fretsaw and pliers. I'm not finished yet, but it's a good start. Already soldered the Pi Zero and it works so far.

User avatar
correia5022
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:32 am
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by correia5022 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Got no reply, here goes again

Members of galaxy gaming, i would like to ask for a refund.
order number #2451
Unfortunatly i can't wait for this order any longer... Thanks in advance
________________________________________
Starting on electronics :)
My first build, 2 years later
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=30
Check out my Boombox: https://nrcboombox.wixsite.com/website

superbuzz
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:39 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by superbuzz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:07 pm

maybe try sending a pm to bluup
correia5022 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:19 pm
Got no reply, here goes again

Members of galaxy gaming, i would like to ask for a refund.
order number #2451
Unfortunatly i can't wait for this order any longer... Thanks in advance

Kenneth
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Kenneth » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:21 am

correia5022 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:19 pm
Got no reply, here goes again

Members of galaxy gaming, i would like to ask for a refund.
order number #2451
Unfortunatly i can't wait for this order any longer... Thanks in advance
I recieved a full refund after contacting GG thru Instagram

Vidiot
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 10:09 am
Has thanked: 11 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Vidiot » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:16 am

Welp I'm really not sure what to think anymore. On Sunday June 9th Rich reached out to me in an email and said he was processing my order that day. (#2222). He told me that he didn't have any black shells even though that is what I ordered. I was ok with that and happy to receive another color so I suggested a white shell and he said that he could do that and he had a cut shell he could send me. I assumed this all ment that my order would go out sometime that week. I waited a few days and never got a shipping notification or a tracking number so I reached out to him by email twice and never received any reply. I private messaged Bluup here and he said Rich was awaiting my response as to what color shell I wanted. Even though I told him and he responded and said he had that color available!
I replied to Bluup and explained that to him and asked for a new update on my order status and I have none. I private messaged Bluup twice now with no response from him either. I am a patient man but at this point I want a tracking number or a refund by the end of the week. Just posting here for everyone else's benefit.

Bluup
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:40 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 78 times
Contact:

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by Bluup » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Vidiot wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:16 am
Welp I'm really not sure what to think anymore. On Sunday June 9th Rich reached out to me in an email and said he was processing my order that day. (#2222). He told me that he didn't have any black shells even though that is what I ordered. I was ok with that and happy to receive another color so I suggested a white shell and he said that he could do that and he had a cut shell he could send me. I assumed this all ment that my order would go out sometime that week. I waited a few days and never got a shipping notification or a tracking number so I reached out to him by email twice and never received any reply. I private messaged Bluup here and he said Rich was awaiting my response as to what color shell I wanted. Even though I told him and he responded and said he had that color available!
I replied to Bluup and explained that to him and asked for a new update on my order status and I have none. I private messaged Bluup twice now with no response from him either. I am a patient man but at this point I want a tracking number or a refund by the end of the week. Just posting here for everyone else's benefit.
Sorry for the confusion over the colour. Our shared spreadsheet said 'no black, asking colour' and hadn't been updated so when you messaged me, I just asked if you'd already been asked as I wasn't sure. You may have also noticed that I've not been as active on the forum the last two weeks and that's due to me being away on business, I have access to the net but a lot of my free time is consumed but I have been trying to answer everyone and find out updates, a lot of the time I message Rich about as specific issue and then wait and reply to the user. This has sort of fallen apart whilst I've been working away. I've asked again and I'll reply when I get info, or Rich will. I've also asked for the spreadsheet of refunds I've put together to be processed so those awaiting those, I will fill you in when I have the info.
Looking for info on how to get started with the Pocket FE? Check out http://www.bluuplabs.com

smarm
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: [ PRE ORDER ] Gameboy Zero PocketPi FE

Post by smarm » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:35 pm

KonnorJ wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:48 am
Paypal Update:

PayPal have got back to us about the situation, our restrictions have been lifted and access to the money in the PayPal is restored.
This means our operations will continue to run smoother and any refund requests that have been logged will start being processed,
thanks again to all of you for your continued support.
It's been almost a week. Why haven't refunds been processed?

Absolutely unbelievable, I look forward to the upcoming excuses.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest