[FOR SALE] Picicle a portable games console

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Picicle

Re: [FOR SALE] Picicle a portable games console

Post by Picicle » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:18 pm

gambino37 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:59 pm
How should I check it? How would I know it has failed?
No battery charging.
Green or red LEDs do not light up.

gambino37

Post by gambino37 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:18 pm

Red light is on. Charging now. Hopefully it goes green.

danisdb

Post by danisdb » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Picicle wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Hi whats up, ive assambled mine today and i have a few issues, when i start console at first time all seem well but after a few minutes of testing i ve noticed that x button dont work. i check continuity of picicle pcb and pin 37 of the pi, and connection is good so after inspect i think that Pi 37 hole pad is a little peel off and lost connection to Pi pcb line (ive noticed when soldering that or my iron is working faulty or my pi is defective because some gpios hole pads start to peel off so easily at 300º C on iron) so i think to bridge it to another gpio without use im thinking in gpio 33 but i want to confirm that this pin dont have use.
Second problem is that hotkeys of emulator like save state and load state dont work, only work start+select to exit game.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:51 pm

danisdb wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:15 pm
Picicle wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Hi whats up, ive assambled mine today and i have a few issues, when i start console at first time all seem well but after a few minutes of testing i ve noticed that x button dont work. i check continuity of picicle pcb and pin 37 of the pi, and connection is good so after inspect i think that Pi 37 hole pad is a little peel off and lost connection to Pi pcb line (ive noticed when soldering that or my iron is working faulty or my pi is defective because some gpios hole pads start to peel off so easily at 300º C on iron) so i think to bridge it to another gpio without use im thinking in gpio 33 but i want to confirm that this pin dont have use.
Second problem is that hotkeys of emulator like save state and load state dont work, only work start+select to exit game.
I had to manually edit the retroarch.cfg to get the hotkeys set up as I liked them.

As for gpio 37. Make sure it's soldered well I guess. If you are having issues you could always solder a small wire to the nearest via for that gpio. You cannot just use another gpio since it would not have a connection to the proper button trace.

But you say the connection is good? I assume you checked with a multimeter? Maybe clean the button contacts with alcohol and inspect the silicone button pad too.

300C is not so hot. It should not be damaging the pi...

danisdb

Post by danisdb » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:00 pm

rodocop wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:51 pm
I had to manually edit the retroarch.cfg to get the hotkeys set up as I liked them.
I checked that but i only find simple button layout not the hotkeys. Can you post a example code please?
rodocop wrote:
As for gpio 37. Make sure it's soldered well I guess. If you are having issues you could always solder a small wire to the nearest via for that gpio. You cannot just use another gpio since it would not have a connection to the proper button trace.

But you say the connection is good? I assume you checked with a multimeter? Maybe clean the button contacts with alcohol and inspect the silicone button pad too.
Yes i tested with multimeter and connection between solder ball of gpio 37 and x button pad is good, so the only alternative is that this pad was broke in Pi and dont have connection with it.
Ive tested with different silicon button pad, tested connection between all ground pins of pi and ground of X pcb pad and pcb is perfect cleaned. I tested too change input layout in on air option of retropie and all buttons are recognized except X input.

I think that if X pad trace have connection with gpio 37 solder ball but not 37 gpio pad with trace in Pi pcb, if i bridge this solder ball with another gpio, X pad and the new gpio will have connection. I can try too, solder 37 gpio ball with trace in PI pcb but is so small and i think that i have more probability of mess it up.
rodocop wrote:
300C is not so hot. It should not be damaging the pi...
I know so i think or my solder iron (20 bucks in amazon i know that is not good) lie with temperature probably, or my pi is defective in some pads because with OSH Gelder practice boards i didnt have any problem. And with Pi some pads start to peel off so quickly, i have similar problem in another to pads, in 40 but connection is good and button works properly, and in pad 3 probably the worst but i think that this pin dont have any function in this build and i dont found any malfuntion for the moment apart from X button.

danisdb

Post by danisdb » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:06 am

Ok ive already fixed 37 pin bypassing trace in PI with pad, so now i have x button xd only i dont know is where is configured hotkeys, i looked in retroarch.cfg an i found some of that but i dont know how to set it correctly.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:41 am

In the retroarch.cfg look for these lines.
/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

# Saves state.
# input_save_state = f2
# Loads state.
# input_load_state = f4

Change to

# Saves state.
input_save_state = "a"
# Loads state.
input_load_state = "s"

To find the button values look for this, it will be populated:

input_player1_a_btn =
# input_player1_b_btn =
# input_player1_y_btn =
# input_player1_x_btn =
# input_player1_start_btn =
# input_player1_select_btn =
# input_player1_l_btn =
# input_player1_r_btn =
# input_player1_left_btn =
# input_player1_right_btn =
# input_player1_up_btn =
# input_player1_down_btn =
# input_player1_l2_btn =
# input_player1_r2_btn =
# input_player1_l3_btn =
# input_player1_r3_btn =

Picicle

Post by Picicle » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:11 am

Thanks to rodocop. He said everything.

danisdb

Post by danisdb » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:16 am

rodocop wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:41 am
In the retroarch.cfg look for these lines.
/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
It works perfectly thanks

TrapkaBabka

Post by TrapkaBabka » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Hello, I'm thinking about buying this kit, and I have a few questions.

I'm thinking of making a wooden case for it, will it work? Also, is there going to be a new version of this kit? like upgrades
(headphone jack, new USB C, etc)