It's the successor of the daddelkischde AIO with lots of improvements. The biggest advantages are the support of the Raspberry Pi 3 A+ and a nice display.
- 3.5" DPI display with a resolution of 480x320 pixels, 60 fps, adjustable backlight
- Supports Raspberry Pi Zero and Raspberry Pi 3 A+
- SNES button layout with additional, optional buttons (D-pad, Start, Select, A, B, C, X, Y, Z, shoulder buttons L, R, L2, R2 and mode button)
- Option for connecting an analog joystick
- On-board power switch which perfectly fits the switch cap
- Safe shutdown, i.e. the operating system shuts down cleanly with the on/off switch and then the power supply is completely disconnected
- Integrated charging circuit for LiPo batteries
- Stereo headphone jack with volume control knob
- Audio amplifier for a mono speaker
- 2-port USB hub, one port accessible from outside
- USB A port for external devices such as keyboard, additional game pad, USB stick etc.
- Micro USB port for charging
- Connection option for a software-controlled fan (recommended for the Pi 3 A+)
- Soldering pads for LEDs (device powered on, empty battery, charging, fully charged)
- STL files for 3D printing of the brackets free to download
- Automatic setup script
- Battery monitor script
The boards are already available at the ZeroBOY online shop. The shop also offers lots of additional parts to build a complete Game Boy Zero. Click on Translate to change the shop's language to English.
We put a lot of time and effort into the new design. Especially the search of a suitable display was a challenge. But we finally found a very nice display with good readability from all directions (IPS panel), higher resolution than the standard displays' 320x240, 60 fps refresh rate with perfect VSYNC to avoid tearing. The backlight is dimmable with configurable button combos.
For more computing power you can install a Raspberry Pi 3 A+ and even play PS1 and N64 games. For the Pi 3 A+ a fan is recommended, which is controlled by software to turn on and off automatically when the temperature of the CPU reaches a specified limit.
To install all the necessary scripts, tools and configuration settings, we have created a setup script. It can be run by a single command and configures RetroPie automatically. Check out the configuration instructions for details.
We hope to see some builds with the daddelkischde 2 soon!