[OLD-PRE-ORDER] CLOSED

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
sygyzy

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - OPEN

Post by sygyzy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:21 pm

Kite - I have your stock Circuit Sword from the first release. If I buy a 640x480 screen, is it just plug and play? Will I need a different cable? Will I need to change any configuration settings? How about the physical dimensions of the screen? Will I need a different sized bracket/front case? Thank you.

Double0EK

Post by Double0EK » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:25 pm

theflashoflight wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:01 pm
This is going to be my first time ordering from Kite and I live in the US. Am I going to have to pay import fees? I'm irrationally scared of it being taken by customs. I've been trying to read the laws in the US, but I'm getting conflicting answers
I didnt have to pay customs the first or second time I ordered from him. I live in Las Vegas, NV.
I don't think anything has changed with customs.

theflashoflight

Post by theflashoflight » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:39 pm

Ok, thank you! I was reading that anything under $200 USD was exempt from import fees and then another said "No. Everything has import fees" and I just wanted to make sure before I ordered to avoid future hassle

AntFJ

Post by AntFJ » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:06 pm

theflashoflight wrote:
This is going to be my first time ordering from Kite and I live in the US. Am I going to have to pay import fees? I'm irrationally scared of it being taken by customs. I've been trying to read the laws in the US, but I'm getting conflicting answers
Lol no. Buy it and wait for it to arrive!

FlashyFrank

Post by FlashyFrank » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:24 pm

dryja123 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:14 am
FlashyFrank wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:41 am
I will definitely getting a sword and shield, but I am wondering about back buttons for the shield. Seems like there will be much less room in the GB Pocket case and I haven't seen any examples of back buttons yet. Is this something we need to figure out ourselves or is someone making a simple pcb? Just want to know what I'm getting into. Looks great, thanks Kite!
There's a few other GBP projects out there that have managed to fit 2 and 4 back buttons on the rear of the shell. I know someone who is working on a solution that may be featured on a video soon so stay tuned :)
I've made a few circuit swords in the past so I have experience with the different back button options, but I assume the ones for the sword won't work on the shield and I don't see any that come in the kit. I can add my own buttons just fine but I've never worked with the GB Pocket so I'm not sure how much room there will be in the case. Like I said I will be ordering one but I'm not sure how the back buttons are going to work.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:13 pm

FlashyFrank wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:24 pm

I've made a few circuit swords in the past so I have experience with the different back button options, but I assume the ones for the sword won't work on the shield and I don't see any that come in the kit. I can add my own buttons just fine but I've never worked with the GB Pocket so I'm not sure how much room there will be in the case. Like I said I will be ordering one but I'm not sure how the back buttons are going to work.
You may be able to cut down the rear button PCB on the Circuit Sword but I'd wait to see what comes out very soon.

makyoplus

Post by makyoplus » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:20 pm

Hey Kite, is there any chance the ATMega8 on the Circuit Shield is reprogrammable? 😁

MrErickson

Post by MrErickson » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:11 pm

theflashoflight wrote:
I've done 3 or 4 pre-orders with Kite and had no issues with Customs. I'm planning to pre-order a Shield when I get home.

Juanje

Post by Juanje » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Whats the difference between Sword and Shield?
Is Shield for Gameboy Pocket size?

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:57 pm

Shield is for pocket