[PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
User avatar
natethegreat28
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Post by natethegreat28 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Circuit Shield broke i need a replacement screen

User avatar
kite
Posts: 958
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:30 am
Location: UK
Has thanked: 245 times
Been thanked: 332 times
Contact:

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Post by kite » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:18 am

natethegreat28 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:41 pm
Circuit Shield broke i need a replacement screen
Pretty sure you're the guy I have replied to via email, if it's not then please send me an email and we'll discuss over there

User avatar
natethegreat28
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Post by natethegreat28 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:27 am

same guy

claytonsulby
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:07 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Post by claytonsulby » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:11 pm

Hey I'm just about to be done with my build but I'm getting a white screen. I've tried a couple of images, RetroPie 4.3, 4.5, and 4.6 as well as the Freeplay CM3 RetroPie 4.6 image. Is there something I'm missing?

millski
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:07 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Post by millski » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:38 am

claytonsulby wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:11 pm
Hey I'm just about to be done with my build but I'm getting a white screen. I've tried a couple of images, RetroPie 4.3, 4.5, and 4.6 as well as the Freeplay CM3 RetroPie 4.6 image. Is there something I'm missing?
Yep, you need to use a distribution from Kite which will have the necessary drivers for the board, audio and screen. Take a look here: https://github.com/kiteretro

Click the link to whichever board you have, take a look in the wiki for that board and you’ll find the software download link and flashing guide.

claytonsulby
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:07 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Post by claytonsulby » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:30 pm

Thanks @millski! Got it working!

claytonsulby
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:07 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Post by claytonsulby » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:03 pm

I'm hoping to install a bluetooth adapter to the device for controllers and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how to go about doing that. I have tried connecting a dongle to the USB-C port (following the same mentality I have with my MacBook) but that didn't work. Can the USB-C port serve for I/O and power?

My other thought was to solder a USB port (or just solder directly to an adapter). Kinds sounds like a bad idea though.

User avatar
kite
Posts: 958
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:30 am
Location: UK
Has thanked: 245 times
Been thanked: 332 times
Contact:

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Post by kite » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:32 am

claytonsulby wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:03 pm
I'm hoping to install a bluetooth adapter to the device for controllers and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how to go about doing that. I have tried connecting a dongle to the USB-C port (following the same mentality I have with my MacBook) but that didn't work. Can the USB-C port serve for I/O and power?

My other thought was to solder a USB port (or just solder directly to an adapter). Kinds sounds like a bad idea though.
On the circuit sword, between the CM3 and the USB C connector is a 4pin connect, this is the 4th USB port from the internal hub. You can use one of the 4pin connectors included (they're JST SH 1.0mm 4pin) to wire up anything that you like

keesvanbemmel
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:23 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword (+ Lite), Circuit Shield + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Post by keesvanbemmel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:17 pm

So Kite, are you planning to do something with the CM4?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest