[WANTED] BROKEN Gameboy Advance

Post all "Looking to buy XYZ" threads here.
Racerboy

Re: [WANTED] BROKEN Gameboy Advance

Post by Racerboy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:58 am

Once I saw how much potential the Wii U Gamepad has, I sort of allowed that to take over as my primary project :D

Also, I ceased progress on the GBA since I kind've hit a road block. I want custom PCB's made for the buttons to replace the original white boards that it came with in the pictures, but they're fairly complicated as they have the audio potentiometer, headphone jack, power switch, power LED, right-angle LR trigger mounts, speaker pins, and all the buttons. I have no experience with Eagle, and the two people I asked to try and design them don't have a GBA on hand. Since it's a 2-part board, there will have to also be a ribbon cable bridging the two halves. It will also have the PWM audio built in, and hopefully I can do away with the Teensy as well, so the only things that will sit in the cartridge will be the powerboost and a wifi card.

Also that display that I have in there which fits perfectly is a TFT display with quite a bit of lag. I talked to Kite and he said he was going to make a driver board for a better display.

So that's where I'm at now, it might be a while before it makes any progress.

vnman

Post by vnman » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:21 am

Found this thread on RetroPie web site.

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/960/neopigamer

so it is doable with original GBA board.

grenade44

Post by grenade44 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:30 pm

vnman wrote:Found this thread on RetroPie web site.

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/960/neopigamer

so it is doable with original GBA board.
It's a Shame there isn't many cheap faulty gba on ebay. All I have is a shell at the moment lol