[WANTED] UK Proxy Buyer for Pi Zero(s) (they're in stock at pimironi right meow!)

Post all "Looking to buy XYZ" threads here.
joe7dust

[WANTED] UK Proxy Buyer for Pi Zero(s) (they're in stock at pimironi right meow!)

Post by joe7dust » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:35 am

I prefer to use paypal to send the $$. It looks like you can only get 1 per shipping address, but you might be able to get more if you have a PO Box or 2.

Kilren

Re: [WANTED] UK Proxy Buyer for Pi Zero(s) (they're in stock at pimironi right meow!)

Post by Kilren » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:43 am

joe7dust wrote:I prefer to use paypal to send the $$. It looks like you can only get 1 per shipping address, but you might be able to get more if you have a PO Box or 2.
You can purchase from pimoroni using PayPal and ship to USA. I've bought 3 from them. No need for a proxy.

If you need more than one in a single day, make separate orders. They've been fine with me buying two at a time.

joe7dust

Re: [WANTED] UK Proxy Buyer for Pi Zero(s) (they're in stock at pimironi right meow!)

Post by joe7dust » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:57 am

Kilren wrote:
joe7dust wrote:I prefer to use paypal to send the $$. It looks like you can only get 1 per shipping address, but you might be able to get more if you have a PO Box or 2.
You can purchase from pimoroni using PayPal and ship to USA. I've bought 3 from them. No need for a proxy.

If you need more than one in a single day, make separate orders. They've been fine with me buying two at a time.
I used a private socks5 from france for the 2nd order and a burner card, so you're saying I could just have used my home ip and same payment info? I place the separate 2nd order almost an hour later and it went through, but I got an email 30 minutes later saying my order was cancelled because it goes against the spirit of getting pis out to a many people as possible.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:34 am

joe7dust wrote:
I used a private socks5 from france for the 2nd order and a burner card, so you're saying I could just have used my home ip and same payment info? I place the separate 2nd order almost an hour later and it went through, but I got an email 30 minutes later saying my order was cancelled because it goes against the spirit of getting pis out to a many people as possible.
Huh, guess they like me more! Haha, jk.

I'm not sure. They are restocking weekly though and they're fairly easy to get ahold of now as long as you're paying attention. Might take a month to get four, but definitely doable now.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:42 am

I was just thinking about it, the reason they might have let me get away with it is because one order was the rpi essential kit, and the second order was the essential kit + teensy LC.

Either way, weekly purchases are still the way to go unless you need a ton immediately (in which case, I want to know what you're working on! :D)

joe7dust

Post by joe7dust » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:27 am

Kilren wrote:I was just thinking about it, the reason they might have let me get away with it is because one order was the rpi essential kit, and the second order was the essential kit + teensy LC.

Either way, weekly purchases are still the way to go unless you need a ton immediately (in which case, I want to know what you're working on! :D)
Hmm. =\ Well either way my best bet would probably be to find someone in Dallas to grab it at Microcenter. I'm still interested if anyone here from the UK wants to proxy one or more.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:33 am

joe7dust wrote:
Kilren wrote:I was just thinking about it, the reason they might have let me get away with it is because one order was the rpi essential kit, and the second order was the essential kit + teensy LC.

Hmm. =\ Well either way my best bet would probably be to find someone in Dallas to grab it at Microcenter. I'm still interested if anyone here from the UK wants to proxy one or more.
Have you bought your first one yet?

joe7dust

Post by joe7dust » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:36 am

Kilren wrote:
joe7dust wrote:

Yes. http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=20#p6241

The weird thing about Pimironi is they seem to use the billing address/name for catching duplicates. I had the first one shipped to a CA address, then I used a new IP + new card + guest checkout. The only thing that matched between them was the billing name/address.
Last edited by joe7dust on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:39 am

joe7dust wrote:
Kilren wrote:
joe7dust wrote:
Gotcha! I missed that. Glad to see you got your hands on one. Just making sure here: You do know you can buy more than one from pimoroni right? They just limit it 1 customer/day. You go back different days, and they're fine with you buying another. Figured you do, just making sure.

Edit: @joe7dust In fact as of 6/15 @ 10:40 PST they have RPi0 in stock.

joe7dust

Post by joe7dust » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:40 am

Kilren wrote:
joe7dust wrote:
Kilren wrote:
Gotcha! I missed that. Glad to see you got your hands on one. Just making sure here: You do know you can buy more than one from pimoroni right? They just limit it 1 customer/day. You go back different days, and they're fine with you buying another. Figured you do, just making sure.
ninja'd