Looking for a KiteRetro Circuit Shield builder

Post all "Looking to buy XYZ" threads here.
razormime

Looking for a KiteRetro Circuit Shield builder

Post by razormime » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:29 am

I'm away from home for a few years studying in Europe, so I don't have any access to the nice equipment needed to build the Gameboy Pocket Circuit Shield I want. I was wondering if someone here could help me find someone trustworthy to do the project for me? I know the KiteRetro isn't taking any new orders because of the Corvid-19 situation, and that's totally understandable, I can wait.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy like custom sreen-printed graphics on the shell or anything. The colors I want are all available as standard colors at RetroModding.com and BluishSquirrel: White Shell + Black A+B Buttons, White X,Y,L,R buttons.

The only additions I would want would be the "X,Y,L,R" buttons (white), and a proper glass lens for masking the new screen - BluishSquirrel actually makes these (I would ask about getting a custom logo printed on it, too - I do graphic design and have already designed the logo in vector format)

Does anybody know of anybody who would build the system and get EmulationStation / RetroPie running on it? Somebody the forums generally trusts? I already have some cash set aside for the project. It would be cool if someone like Wermy or MarkyPi would be a possibility, these guys just seem like really decent people, and I would love to throw my money their way.

Anyway, thank you, everyone for reading this through and possibly considering the request, I really want to join this club!

edit: changed a color specification.

LilTrublMakr

Re: Looking for a KiteRetro Circuit Shield builder

Post by LilTrublMakr » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Just as a clarification, are you looking for someone to send it to Europe or US? If being shipped internationally, you might need to source a battery since shipping batteries internationally is a huge pain.

razormime

Post by razormime » Wed May 20, 2020 2:14 am

LilTrublMakr wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:29 pm
Just as a clarification, are you looking for someone to send it to Europe or US? If being shipped internationally, you might need to source a battery since shipping batteries internationally is a huge pain.
Hey! Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I was hoping for the complete build to be shipped to Europe. I had always thought that as long as batteries were installed in the devices which use them there was no problem (I shipped a used DS to Europe once with no problem). But I guess that's what I get for assuming things.

I was lucky enough to find a builder, though! Super cool guy goes by the name Great Gambino. I just need to source some parts now. Trying to get a hold of Bluish Squirrel has been difficult though, but it's cool - I know the world's in a funky spot and that these people are hobbyists. The hard thing is going to be getting a hold of a circuit shield kit. I missed the last pre-order phase.

BTW - the automated shell cutting looks like it's coming along great! keep it up man!

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Wed May 20, 2020 5:55 am

Gambino is an excellent choice for someone to build it. He does truly great work.

I have also been trying to reach Bluish Squirrel as well with no luck.

Thanks, the DMG shells are done, just having a really hard time finding an accurate Pocket shell CAD model to be able to get the shells for the shields cut out. The search continues!

razormime

Post by razormime » Fri May 22, 2020 11:09 am

LilTrublMakr wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:55 am
Gambino is an excellent choice for someone to build it. He does truly great work.

I have also been trying to reach Bluish Squirrel as well with no luck.
Would you mind if I sent you a mock-up of what I've been working on? I've pretty much got it all figured out (designed vector artwork and all that), just trying to source the stuff, and what the best route is. Maybe some of my business can go your way? I'm getting super sucked into this, haha!