[Gauging Interest] Safe Shutdown PCB

If you'd like to gauge interest in an idea before putting it into production, do it here!
Daniel_N

Re: [Gauging Interest] Safe Shutdown PCB

Post by Daniel_N » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:11 pm

also interestet, maybe twice.
EU - Germany

Camble

Post by Camble » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:40 pm

Just a quick update. Components will still be a few weeks yet. The final board layout is pretty much complete. I'll make sure everything fits tomorrow. I'd still like to have a small batch made to double check everything works first. Unfortunately that will add a couple of weeks onto everyone's waiting time, but I don't want to end up with a hundred useless boards.

AerynSun

Post by AerynSun » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:35 am

interested and also
EU - Germany

Camble

Post by Camble » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:49 am

I've added images of the board design in the original post.

A pre-order thread will come as soon as I've fully tested the board.

BadBert

Post by BadBert » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Hope you have the final product soon!

I don't have all the parts for my build yet, so I hope you have the version for the banggood version soon :p
My first GBZ build -=HERE=- -> Became a gift to my little brother!
My 2nd GBZ build -=WIP HERE=- -> going with HDMI!

Camble

Post by Camble » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:42 pm

BadBert wrote:Hope you have the final product soon!

I don't have all the parts for my build yet, so I hope you have the version for the banggood version soon :p
I'm already working on the layout :)

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:57 pm

I searched for the answer but couldn't find anything. Probably a dumb question will the switch its self be included in the components or would we have to supply it?

Camble

Post by Camble » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:26 am

@hueblo I've ordered switches. I'll offer the choice to have the board assembled with the switch, or left empty to allow you to solder your own on.

jonlimitless

Post by jonlimitless » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:31 am

Hey @Camble

I definitely would be interested as this is a good idea to get out there for people. I haven't read every post but definitely before ordering a big batch, do a small one you check yourself and then send those out to some people like Wermy, Helder or anyone else here who can check them with background experience. (Make sure to ask them if they could of course.) Especially when it comes to the power system it is important to be sure switch can't get stuck, triggered on accidently or effect the battery in any way. If its rough cost wise, hit me up personally and maybe I can help you fund some of this cost as a reinvestment of sorts.

Questions on the board itself, from what I can tell this runs from the power boost to the switch itself and doesn't supply any other connections. What if you used it as a solid hub though to safely turn the power on and off for the full system though? Say you would hook up the pcb, lcd screen, pi zero and other additions as needed. I know this would greatly change the system but it is a thought that comes to mind when you want to know parts are not pulling power or 'connected' directly to the power boost. May be it is an over thought idea, but feel free to reference if someone has mentioned this before or if it isn't needed at all.

Have a good day,
- JonLimitless

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:59 am

jonlimitless wrote:Questions on the board itself, from what I can tell this runs from the power boost to the switch itself and doesn't supply any other connections. What if you used it as a solid hub though to safely turn the power on and off for the full system though? Say you would hook up the pcb, lcd screen, pi zero and other additions as needed. I know this would greatly change the system but it is a thought that comes to mind when you want to know parts are not pulling power or 'connected' directly to the power boost. May be it is an over thought idea, but feel free to reference if someone has mentioned this before or if it isn't needed at all.
Sounds like a great idea to me. Graceful shutdown + power strip to make shutdown even safer.