[Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

If you'd like to gauge interest in an idea before putting it into production, do it here!
smoothoperator

Re: [Gauging Interest] Soft Silicone Back Buttons

Post by smoothoperator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:55 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 am
smoothoperator wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 am
I want one of those 4 button boards Hoolyhoo. How do we make it happen?
Ok, What I have available to ship as a kit in the 4 button version is the 4 button board, 4 soft silicone switches, 2 3d printed inserts for caps, 2 lower posts 3d printed washers, and drill guide. The inserts are placed inside the caps and takes away any slop in the buttons and the washers are provided so trimming the lower cartridge posts are not necessary. I do not have the caps or screws available unfortunately but are readily available from various suppliers (Ebay, AliExpress, Banggood, Amazon) very cheaply. Sorry about that. The buttons come unsoldered but very easy to place if you need me to do it, just PM me.

This is what I can ship now but like I said earlier, I have a limited supply so first come first serve. Here is what I would ship.

F0CF338E-20FC-4A5F-A78B-9E7A48B1EC4D.jpeg

The 4 button board would be $15 plus $3.50 shipping US with tracking or $5.00 International with no tracking. If this is Ok with you guys I will make a new thread with PayPal link. Please let me know.
Quick question. Wouldn't we need 4 button inserts for 4 buttons?

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:59 pm

smoothoperator wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:55 pm
HoolyHoo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 am
smoothoperator wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 am
I want one of those 4 button boards Hoolyhoo. How do we make it happen?
Ok, What I have available to ship as a kit in the 4 button version is the 4 button board, 4 soft silicone switches, 2 3d printed inserts for caps, 2 lower posts 3d printed washers, and drill guide. The inserts are placed inside the caps and takes away any slop in the buttons and the washers are provided so trimming the lower cartridge posts are not necessary. I do not have the caps or screws available unfortunately but are readily available from various suppliers (Ebay, AliExpress, Banggood, Amazon) very cheaply. Sorry about that. The buttons come unsoldered but very easy to place if you need me to do it, just PM me.

This is what I can ship now but like I said earlier, I have a limited supply so first come first serve. Here is what I would ship.

F0CF338E-20FC-4A5F-A78B-9E7A48B1EC4D.jpeg

The 4 button board would be $15 plus $3.50 shipping US with tracking or $5.00 International with no tracking. If this is Ok with you guys I will make a new thread with PayPal link. Please let me know.
Quick question. Wouldn't we need 4 button inserts for 4 buttons?
Yes, absolutely. Typo and brain fart on my part. No worries, they will be included.

Echsman

Post by Echsman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:12 am

Hello.

I like this a lot. I was going to go with 12x12 switches, but this has more support than just gluing them to the case. I think I will be purchasing this when Kite's SAIO preorders start...

smoothoperator

Post by smoothoperator » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:21 am

Received and installed 4-button version. Excellent work HoolyHoo!

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:26 am

smoothoperator wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:21 am
Excellent and thank you! Did you find the install easy? I really enjoy the feel of the silicone buttons, how about you?

smoothoperator

Post by smoothoperator » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:26 am
smoothoperator wrote:
Excellent and thank you! Did you find the install easy? I really enjoy the feel of the silicone buttons, how about you?
Very easy. I love the silicone buttons. Can't stand the "click" of the standard tact switch and neither can my wife as I lay in bed playing while she is watching tv in the evening :D I did have to file down the tabs on the buttons I had in order to set the button inserts at the correct level and I used washers on the top mounting screws due to the holes in the board being very close to the screw head size. All in all, awesome piece! Now I wait for the "Circuit Sword" to arrive!

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:18 am

smoothoperator wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 am
HoolyHoo wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:26 am
smoothoperator wrote:
Very easy. I love the silicone buttons. Can't stand the "click" of the standard tact switch and neither can my wife as I lay in bed playing while she is watching tv in the evening :D I did have to file down the tabs on the buttons I had in order to set the button inserts at the correct level and I used washers on the top mounting screws due to the holes in the board being very close to the screw head size. All in all, awesome piece! Now I wait for the "Circuit Sword" to arrive!
Excellent, I made the cap inserts to where you should be able to snip those tabs of the cap flush to the ring that keeps them from slipping through. But, I guess you found that out already :D Glad you found them useful.