Gameboy Zero with Retropie and Super Mario Land?

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
PeytonClara

Gameboy Zero with Retropie and Super Mario Land?

Post by PeytonClara » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:48 am

Hi there,

i have build my own Zero Boy and it works ;) I Have an HDMI Display and everything works. But in "Super Mario Land" for Gameboy, the Video is not perfect. I hope i can explain it correct, because my english is not the best. If i run with Mario, the background is not as fast as it should. There ist an effect like "waves". I test every setting on Retroarch, but with no effect. Hrz of the Display i 59 Hz

Anybody any idea?

LPinkerton

Re: Gameboy Zero with Retropie and Super Mario Land?

Post by LPinkerton » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:44 pm

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about but this could be caused by the difference in resolution between the 320x240 display and the Super Mario Land's resolution of 160x144. Since the video can't upscale in integers, there's going to be some image scaling that may distort the screen during gameplay. You can make sure you have bilinear interpolation enabled to try and make it better, but it won't be perfect unless you set the game to use not use image scaling.