Pi zero w or zero wh?

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Philosojustice

Pi zero w or zero wh?

Post by Philosojustice » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:13 am

Hello,
I'm just about finished with my first build ever and I've decided to buy another pi zero for mostly learning electronics and pi hole, but for the possibility of building another Gameboy zero (I thought about upgrading to pi 3, but since I don't have a specific project in mind and most cm3 kits come with the pi included I think I should pass...right?).
The problem is I'm not sure if I should get a zero w or a zero wh. Technically I know how to solder, but I have a crappy iron and soldering the headers the first time turned out to be really difficult. On the other side, I saw that some GBZ projects or products require headerless pis, so I'm not sure what to get.
What do you think? Do most projects require headers or headerless? (I thought about making a pigrrl advance next)
Thanks in advance! :)

Spyder

Re: Pi zero w or zero wh?

Post by Spyder » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:34 am

I would personally just go with the W. The WH could make the mounting too tall.

Philosojustice

Re: Pi zero w or zero wh?

Post by Philosojustice » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:50 am

Thanks for your reply!
Isn't all headers are made in a standard size unless specifically specified? (or maybe I did not understand you correctly)