Custom GameBoy Zero RetroPie Splash Screen

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
AJRedfern

Re: Custom GameBoy Zero RetroPie Splash Screen

Post by AJRedfern » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:30 am

otaola.franc wrote:hi man,
any news in the splash screen :D? and another thing totally different
anyone knows a way to edit the splash screen in recalbox? :D
Sorry, I've not had chance to work on it this last week. My son has been really unwell so I've not has very much spare time. I'm hoping to do some more work on it this next week. I'm hoping to post a newer version soon as well as another one that may have some instructions for installation.
AJRedfern - Author of the Game Boy Zero Splash Screen seen in Wermy's Custom Parts Guide Pt 2.
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1440

RxBrad

Post by RxBrad » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:58 am

Just a heads-up for everyone... in raspi-config, if you Disable Wait for Network at Boot, AJRedFern's existing splash video is the perfect length.

Disabling that setting shaves about 15sec off my boot time.
Image Image

AJRedfern

Post by AJRedfern » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:02 pm

RxBrad wrote:Just a heads-up for everyone... in raspi-config, if you Disable Wait for Network at Boot, AJRedFern's existing splash video is the perfect length.

Disabling that setting shaves about 15sec off my boot time.
Cheers for the update @RxBrad, glad to know that length works fine. I'm re uploading a slight variation on that this week for everyone to use. I'm also looking into another version.
AJRedfern - Author of the Game Boy Zero Splash Screen seen in Wermy's Custom Parts Guide Pt 2.

AJRedfern

Post by AJRedfern » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:58 am

25 Second version has been re uploaded on to page one of this thread. Still working on another version, unfortunately I have not been able to commit much time to this or my own build in recent weeks due to work and family commitments.

Cellane

Post by Cellane » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:57 am

Once you have a bit of time on your hands – do you think you could reupload/make public the 20 second version again? My Pi Zero is done with the boot sequence a bit sooner than in 25 seconds and I actually managed to even launch a game and hear the game music over the splash screen today when I was nervously pressing the A button repeatedly. I don't know, maybe the 20 second version will be too short and 25 second version a bit too long, but if it wasn't too much trouble for you, I'd at least like to give it a try and see how it looks like with shorter video. Thank you so much!

otaola.franc

Post by otaola.franc » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:21 am

hey @AJRedfern
did you have time for the other ¨pixar¨ like splash screen :O?

AJRedfern

Post by AJRedfern » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:42 am

Cellane wrote:Once you have a bit of time on your hands – do you think you could reupload/make public the 20 second version again? My Pi Zero is done with the boot sequence a bit sooner than in 25 seconds and I actually managed to even launch a game and hear the game music over the splash screen today when I was nervously pressing the A button repeatedly. I don't know, maybe the 20 second version will be too short and 25 second version a bit too long, but if it wasn't too much trouble for you, I'd at least like to give it a try and see how it looks like with shorter video. Thank you so much!
Here you go, let me know if it's okay.

Download Link: http://bit.ly/GBZ-SplashScreenDownload-43v2

AJRedfern

Post by AJRedfern » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:45 am

otaola.franc wrote:hey @AJRedfern
Apologies, I made a start on the video to get bits in place but didn't start the animation yet. Been super busy at work over the last couple of months, got a week off over the festive period so will try look into it more then.

otaola.franc

Post by otaola.franc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:03 am

AJRedfern wrote:
otaola.franc wrote:hey @AJRedfern
Apologies, I made a start on the video to get bits in place but didn't start the animation yet. Been super busy at work over the last couple of months, got a week off over the festive period so will try look into it more then.
dont worry man! you dont need to apologise, is you who does all the work so take all the time you need or even dont do it if you dont want/cant... :) you already made a GREAT splash screen, the best i saw! so, really, dont need to apologise at all... :)

AJRedfern

Post by AJRedfern » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:31 am

otaola.franc wrote: dont worry man! you dont need to apologise, is you who does all the work so take all the time you need or even dont do it if you dont want/cant... :) you already made a GREAT splash screen, the best i saw! so, really, dont need to apologise at all... :)
Cheers for the compliments man, I will get round to it at some point, just been busy times lately.