3.7V Li-ion Battery Mini USB To USB A Power Supply Module

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
valfar

3.7V Li-ion Battery Mini USB To USB A Power Supply Module

Post by valfar » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:28 am

Hi everybody

I did not find that any topic that would address the use of alternative power supply.
I bought banggood.com of 3.7V Li-ion Battery Mini USB to USB A Power Supply Module (http://www.banggood.com/37V-Liion-Batte ... 28948.html), but since I'm not so technically proficient, so I figured out how you engage yourself, I would like to ask for help if has someone with this experience.

Follow these instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM3eNAOCphk

But there wermy used PowerBoost 1000C battery charger / 5V boost

well thank you

Zero

Re: 3.7V Li-ion Battery Mini USB To USB A Power Supply Module

Post by Zero » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:57 am

Here's a basic diagram of where to put what:

The yellow lines are just there to clearly show the sections marked. If you remove any of the usb connectors you can use the places marked to solder on the relevant power connection directly. If you connect the battery up incorrectly you will damage the board instantly, so observe the correct polarity.

Pumpytums

Post by Pumpytums » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:05 am

Great information, many thanks.

From the website this board appears to have undervolt protection, and you can use an unproitected cell with it. I'm unsure if the Adafruit 1000c even has this.

Do you know what the LED connections signify on the board?

Zero

Post by Zero » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:40 am

I think they're there in case you want to extend one of the charging, power or fully charged leds out and away from the board... without having to de-solder a surface mount one. I've not tried this yet though.

Pumpytums

Post by Pumpytums » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:56 am

That's handy to know I will test it out when they arrive.
I just ordered 3, for just over £6 delivered.

thanks again

valfar

Post by valfar » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:11 am

Zero thank you for your image, you know me more please help where I engage power switch (6-pin) and the output goes to the involvement of Pi Zero USB power?

Zero

Post by Zero » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:14 am

@valfar
I'm not really an electronics-type person as I don't have the knowledge to calculate values, etc. But I believe that you need to choose a high enough rated switch, because if you don't and you slide the switch across, the current will spark across the gap as the switch slides together and weld itself shut, maybe damaging components. :?:
Maybe you can open a switch up and thicken some wire inside to increase this? I've not looked inside one yet so not sure what's in them. I initially bought a 1amp switch but it turned out to be physically huge and there was no chance I would get it to fit the case. I've not seen any the right size rated higher than 500ma.

The switches in the wiki are rated 500ma @50v so I'm assuming this means they can take an initial shunt of 500ma? But as that is for 50v, I don't know how you scale that figure for 5v. Does that change the amp rating (50ma perhaps?)? :?:

In regards to this banggood power board, if it was me, with a minimum power build, I'd wire the switch in the way I drew it here:
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1452
I did it on one of my builds and it worked out fine. It disconnects everything except the battery so it can still be charged. Maybe it's not safe though, so you should ask others who have knowledge on the subject.

Lots of people seem to be using extra 'power boards', although I'm not sure why anyone uses them at all to be honest. Perhaps it just makes wiring neater. :?: A 'centralised' place to connect the power wires perhaps.

I suggest you research it further before deciding on what's best for your build. Like I say my knowledge is very limited and probably flawed in places, and it would be great if someone with the knowledge could post telling us more about slide switches. :?:

username

Post by username » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:29 am

Has anyone had success with this power board alternative? It's so much cheaper I'd love to use it if there are no significant drawbacks.

valfar

Post by valfar » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:29 pm

OK boys.
My electronics skills are at the level of primary school who did not enjoy physics: D
I drew the following diagram, please refer to someone who you know, let me not burn everything as soon as you first turn on: D
A USB port output can be removed and connected directly to the board?

Thanks for the advice which I like change!

PS: sorry for my bad english and my art skill :D

valfar

Post by valfar » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:02 am

Nobody knows me help? Or correct how do I get involved right?