Card-Reader Problems

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Lambatz

Card-Reader Problems

Post by Lambatz » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:47 am

I tried to do the same thing like in the blog and attached the GB card reader to the Pi. Double checked the wiring and so on but when the GB card reader (just card reader, no game/sd card inside) is attached to the Pi it wont boot at all.

Any ideas why or how to clear the problem?

Chedda

Re: Card-Reader Problems

Post by Chedda » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:08 pm

If you take the SD card and place it in the Pi, does it boot?

what cart reader did you end up purchasing? Klitsch-Bent or PRS-Tech?

You can test the leads on the pinouts to make sure your solder points are good.
Builder and tinkerer

Lambatz

Post by Lambatz » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:10 am

The funny thing is if i solder the card reader to the Pi and put microSD card into Pi nothing happend.

If i desolder the card reader and resolder it except 2 cables of SD-pin 5 and 7 to the Pi on PP14 and PP17 it boots with the SD-card in the cardreader of the Pi.

The SD card holder is a former GB shell, selfmade and cheap, but even when it is not conected to the GB card reader i got boot problems.
The leads from SD card in the GB shell to the pads on the Pi are at ~0 Ohm resistance, so there should be no problems. Also i checked if therer are any shortys.

Thatbraziliann

Post by Thatbraziliann » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:19 pm

Im having the same problem but My Pi turns on but my screen stays black (when SD card is in cartridge reader) When my SD card is in PI even if cartridge reader is soldered onto PI I can boot up like normal. Still looking for troubleshoot as I know all my leads are intact and correct. I have checked probably ten times and desoldered and resoldered everything.. dont know where to go from there.