How to wire LED's to Banggood Power Boost ? ? ?

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Purple_Moogle_00

Re: How to wire LED's to Banggood Power Boost ? ? ?

Post by Purple_Moogle_00 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:09 pm

fcib wrote:
Purple_Moogle_00 wrote:Probably a stupid question but I don't see a charger on this board. Will the led charging indicator still turn on if I use a charger board such as this. I would connect the battery to the charger, and I would wire the output to the powerboost

https://www.adafruit.com/products/259?g ... AtM28P8HAQ
You don't see a charger on what board? The powerboost 1000c and the banggood alternative both charge. The board you posted seems like a slower charger that has the load attached to the battery, so I think the output is only whatever the battery provides (3.7/4.2V, not enough for gb0).
Hmm I should have paid more attention. I thought the leds indicated low power and what not but it doesnt. Also seeing this tiny board confused me a little. I am assuming that the micro usb is the charger, the big one is out and b+ and b- are input. All I was trying to figure out was a low power indicator like the one on the ds; I misread the earlier posts and jumped to conclusions in my excitement when I thought I saw my answer. I apologize for my lack of thoroughness. If you have any idea how a low battery indicator works that would be great

fcib

Re: How to wire LED's to Banggood Power Boost ? ? ?

Post by fcib » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:12 pm

Purple_Moogle_00 wrote:
fcib wrote:
Purple_Moogle_00 wrote:Probably a stupid question but I don't see a charger on this board. Will the led charging indicator still turn on if I use a charger board such as this. I would connect the battery to the charger, and I would wire the output to the powerboost

https://www.adafruit.com/products/259?g ... AtM28P8HAQ
You don't see a charger on what board? The powerboost 1000c and the banggood alternative both charge. The board you posted seems like a slower charger that has the load attached to the battery, so I think the output is only whatever the battery provides (3.7/4.2V, not enough for gb0).
Hmm I should have paid more attention. I thought the leds indicated low power and what not but it doesnt. Also seeing this tiny board confused me a little. I am assuming that the micro usb is the charger, the big one is out and b+ and b- are input. All I was trying to figure out was a low power indicator like the one on the ds; I misread the earlier posts and jumped to conclusions in my excitement when I thought I saw my answer. I apologize for my lack of thoroughness. If you have any idea how a low battery indicator works that would be great
Well the powerboost 1000c has a "low" light. You could remove the surface mount LED and solder a new one in place if you read my instructions in this thread on how to calculate resistor values for LEDs.

Not sure if the banggood version has a low power LED, but you could do the same thing.