Good luck

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Treguard

Good luck

Post by Treguard » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:00 am

Well sadly it looks like I've come to the end of the journey. Today after giving up on having so much trouble with the AIO board (whoch i'm convinced should still be in beta and not ready for release) I tried using a USB hub. No image or life from the pi and then smoke coming from the usb.

As much as I'd love it to work, I just can't justify wasting more money on it. I'll plug a pi 3 into the tv and make do.

All the best, and please be careful. I don't think a lot of these products that are being sold are safe or fit for purpose. If you've got one that works then certainly keep an eye on it!!

Eccho

Re: Good luck

Post by Eccho » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:06 am

That's not what I wanna hear when busy assembling everything.
Sorry to hear that.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:08 am

Eccho wrote:That's not what I wanna hear when busy assembling everything.
Sorry to hear that.
Hope you'll be lucky. Mine was a dud and just refused to work properly after plenty of trial and error. Not worth the stress :)

Eccho

Post by Eccho » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:10 am

What type of build did you have?

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:17 am

Eccho wrote:What type of build did you have?
Aio v2
Safety shutdown v1.2 (latest?)
BW Amazon screen
Powerboost 1000c

Have salbaged some of the parts like the powerboost so not a total loss at least :)

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:19 am

Treguard wrote:Well sadly it looks like I've come to the end of the journey. Today after giving up on having so much trouble with the AIO board (whoch i'm convinced should still be in beta and not ready for release) I tried using a USB hub. No image or life from the pi and then smoke coming from the usb.

As much as I'd love it to work, I just can't justify wasting more money on it. I'll plug a pi 3 into the tv and make do.

All the best, and please be careful. I don't think a lot of these products that are being sold are safe or fit for purpose. If you've got one that works then certainly keep an eye on it!!

thats not great news.... consider trying another board... dont give up

i know theres issues with the AIO (especially with the last batch) i got mine with the wrong headphone socket and the issues with the sound resistors isnt a good look either.... so i kinda feel where your coming from

but these items are not being sold by componant companies, its hobbiest like us (with all due respect).... and with anything like this their are gonna be issues but its not the be all and end alll...

have you considered sending the board back to helder, he can have a better look...

also sometimes even thou its hard to admit, the fault can lie with us....

i would not give up just yet

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:34 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Treguard wrote:Well sadly it looks like I've come to the end of the journey. Today after giving up on having so much trouble with the AIO board (whoch i'm convinced should still be in beta and not ready for release) I tried using a USB hub. No image or life from the pi and then smoke coming from the usb.

thats not great news.... consider trying another board... dont give up

i know theres issues with the AIO (especially with the last batch) i got mine with the wrong headphone socket and the issues with the sound resistors isnt a good look either.... so i kinda feel where your coming from

but these items are not being sold by componant companies, its hobbiest like us (with all due respect).... and with anything like this their are gonna be issues but its not the be all and end alll...

have you considered sending the board back to helder, he can have a better look...

also sometimes even thou its hard to admit, the fault can lie with us....

i would not give up just yet
Thanks. Tbh i'll probably sit on the sidelines for a bit and see what happens. At the moment most of the stuff has gone in the bin (ragequit I know!). I probably need to work on that temper and reduce stress before coming back to it in the future. I'm thinking perhaps maybe a project with larger parts might be best for me atm :)

No you're right. People have put a lot of hard work into these parts, and it's unfair for someone not in the know to effectively slag the work off.

Eccho

Post by Eccho » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Hey, I stubbled upon this consoller project (http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2452). I don't know how advanced your are in the field, but you might recycle your powerboost, battery and pi here. Of course that is not as satisfying as the GBZ, but you would still get something from your invested money.