Game Boy Zero - Gaboze Pocaio

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
WoodMill

Re: Game Boy Zero - Pocket Edition

Post by WoodMill » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:30 am

Personally, I wouldn't care for the analog stick. With it being smaller, and the Pi Zero not really being the best for those kind of games, I've never put in an analog stick in any of my previous GBZ projects. So I could do without.
Follow my Youtube Vlog about Filmmaking
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... P0H6UZe1ds

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:13 am

I second the no analog stick, why do people want it for these old games and the Zero can't emulate the systems that use an analog stick so it's pointless in my opinion. I bet most people want it just because they can and not really use it.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:42 am

it's for when the Pi3 Zer0 comes out ;)
in all seriousness, there IS supposed to be a Pi 3 model A which would suit GBZ builds and be capable of playing the later systems better than a current zero... unfortunately it's been over a year since that promise and it doesn't look like it's happening...

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:46 am

Helder wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:13 am
I second the no analog stick, why do people want it for these old games and the Zero can't emulate the systems that use an analog stick so it's pointless in my opinion. I bet most people want it just because they can and not really use it.
It's a fiddle stick for when they are waiting for their N64 lag to catch up.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:17 pm

I agree that the analog is useless. Better to improve sound, display handling in my opinion
Follow me on instagram Image

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Agree, a sound amp must be built in, also a very good usb hub wich supports usb 1 2 and newer.
And offcourse holes in the middle of the x and y buttons functioning as a drill template.
and it would be usefull to have ALL soldering points on one side, instead on the top of the pcb :)
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:57 pm

I legit don't know the answer so don't get too snarky with me. Couldn't you map the analog joystick to replace the dpad? I'd prefer to use an analog joystick over the dpad because it's less stress on my thumbs (nerve damage in thumb)

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:07 pm

abrugsch wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:37 pm
So basically helders board... ;)
Well, sort off yes..
But it would be usefull to integrate all the separated components in one pcb, so that's the same result you get.
In the beginning i was designing such a pcb and later saw Helder did it, so i decided to buy those, saved me alot of work to be honest.
Anyway i'm curious how this turns out.
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:58 pm

The shitty amp everyone has used including myself isn't that appropriate for these builds. My new AIO and my latest GBZ audio board has a proper mono amp that has that power everyone has been wanting. I even tested it on the mintyPi and at max volumes it blew that tiny speaker (3 of them) but should handle the standard speakers used in these builds no problem.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.