Bloody Project :)

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
cpeb

Bloody Project :)

Post by cpeb » Fri May 05, 2017 7:30 am

What started out as going to be a reasonable cost project has just turned into a £250 build lol

all you people with your crazy ideas :) ive ended up buying this now Link

So when it comes, if anyone it the UK needs anything by all means shoot me a mail and i wouldn't mind printing them for cost of material, postage :)

Cheers

AAMinistry

Re: Bloody Project :)

Post by AAMinistry » Fri May 05, 2017 10:18 am

Excellent. There seem to be lots of people being very industrious in the U.S. with helpful parts but not many in the U.K. I'll keep you in mind if I ever do a second GBZ :)

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri May 05, 2017 10:59 am

cpeb wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 7:30 am
What started out as going to be a reasonable cost project has just turned into a £250 build lol

all you people with your crazy ideas :) ive ended up buying this now Link

So when it comes, if anyone it the UK needs anything by all means shoot me a mail and i wouldn't mind printing them for cost of material, postage :)

Cheers

congrats on your purchase.... its not a bad move, i've been toying with the idea of getting one just dont have anywhere to put as yet....

i've been using 3dhubs, if your in the uk there perfect (theres also a network of hackspace/makerspaces over the country)

https://www.3dhubs.com/

https://www.hackspace.org.uk/

luckily for me there someone on there not far from me (even though he offered free postage)
all my 3 bits (and i had a few more then normal) cost lest than £20

but having your own is the way to go..... especially as the costs of them have come down alot in years

cpeb

Post by cpeb » Fri May 05, 2017 11:30 am

I've wanted one for ages, so many things i wanted to print but couldn't and didn't want to fork out money to have printed.

spent a whole day going through the reviews etc. I would offer free postage but i don't think work would appreciate me using them to send stuff out lol.

Even asked my daughters school if i could use there's and donate per part but they wouldn't let me.

I'm going to register as a printer once i get used to it and have it printing well. Based on this video that confirmed me buying it i can get very good quality with a few mods - Link

AAMinistry

Post by AAMinistry » Fri May 05, 2017 11:58 am

Cost and postage is more than fair enough, nobody would blame you for making something on top as well to be honest.

cpeb

Post by cpeb » Fri May 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Thought about and thought I'd enjoy more helping people on here more. Anything outside of this site yeah I probably would but we're on here to get to the same end point.