X/Y Button Template

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
ICMF

X/Y Button Template

Post by ICMF » Sat May 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Just had an idea reading another thread.

Someone commented that it was difficult to drill button holes without a drill press - it's easy to get them crooked or off-centre. So what about having an easily 3D printable drilling jig to keep the drill bit square and true?

Something like this:

Simple box shape that seats positively against the front of the case. A couple of pins fit in the A/B holes and the D Pad cutout so it would line up perfectly (in theory... this is just a quick mock up) and a couple of tubes let you drill the holes in exactly the right spot without the need for a drill press.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: X/Y Button Template

Post by Helder » Sat May 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Not a bad idea but all you need is for the A B buttons to line up and go in the holes along with a Dpad cross and that should hold that jig in place.

Now the next question is what size hole do you want to have for the X/Y buttons on the template? You'll want it to be just slightly larger than a drill bit size, what drill bit size do you want?

I'm not going to do it but just in case someone decides to do it they have the info to work off of.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Quatrerwin

Re: X/Y Button Template

Post by Quatrerwin » Sun May 14, 2017 9:23 am

Someone already did something similar, but there is a bit of room for error with their template: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1167