On-Screen Battery Monitor Options

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
VeteranGamer

Re: On-Screen Battery Monitor Options

Post by VeteranGamer » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:40 am

cainkirisgai wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 am
It's all functional using a Bluetooth controller, I mounted 2 8ohm 3 Watt speakers on the back and installed a small fan on the bottom to keep it cool as it was giving me the overheat warning. Installed a push button on the side for quick on/off along with 2 push buttons on top for volume controls wired to the adafruit audio bonnet. And using a pb1000c and pb1000b to connect a 3800mAh battery to it. Again this battery mod isn't vital but I feel it would complete the build as then I can tell when to charge it. Only thing I feel I need to do after getting this to work would be to make my own case to slim/flatten out the back, it still feels pretty light but I've been contemplating removing the USB inputs along with the Ethernet port to slim it down more to allow me to put the boards and battery inside it. So again thanks for all the help and advice, I'm hoping now that I got some sleep and time I can look at the layout u provided with a clearer mind and not over think it heh heh.
you should post it (with pics) in this section.....
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

even if its unfinished/work in progress..... just mark it as that....
any issues you encounter with the build (hopefully you dont) you can put out to the community for feedback/assistance....

but, it does look like a good build....

cainkirisgai

Post by cainkirisgai » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:27 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:40 am
cainkirisgai wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 am
It's all functional using a Bluetooth controller, I mounted 2 8ohm 3 Watt speakers on the back and installed a small fan on the bottom to keep it cool as it was giving me the overheat warning. Installed a push button on the side for quick on/off along with 2 push buttons on top for volume controls wired to the adafruit audio bonnet. And using a pb1000c and pb1000b to connect a 3800mAh battery to it. Again this battery mod isn't vital but I feel it would complete the build as then I can tell when to charge it. Only thing I feel I need to do after getting this to work would be to make my own case to slim/flatten out the back, it still feels pretty light but I've been contemplating removing the USB inputs along with the Ethernet port to slim it down more to allow me to put the boards and battery inside it. So again thanks for all the help and advice, I'm hoping now that I got some sleep and time I can look at the layout u provided with a clearer mind and not over think it heh heh.
you should post it (with pics) in this section.....
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

even if its unfinished/work in progress..... just mark it as that....
any issues you encounter with the build (hopefully you dont) you can put out to the community for feedback/assistance....

but, it does look like a good build....
THANKS Veteran for all the help im adding a post to there now, man if i can get this to work then the build will mostly be complete minus maybe a new case and changing out ugly looking buttons lol
Here is my little RP3 build still working on a name
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5042

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:03 am

Guess what, the little red board from the Minty-Pi (rodocop's) works too, in combination with camble's safe-shutdown.
Only thing you could have is popping up a low battery warning of two scripts, now that's not the worst because your battery is physically almost down at that point. but in the updated script for the SafeShutDown from camble, you can disable the power monitoring in the settings. you could also brigde 3.3v with the measuring pin, wich makes the low battery movie of Camble impossible to show up because it never reaches that drop. but this was the hard way, the soft way works also :-). but this issue with two power monitoring scripts, i had it too but they never clashed, i thought it would, but it didn't. but is as easy switching the Camble power monitor off by a setting or a bridge between 3.3v and measuring probe.
I can be ignorant but, i prefer HoolyHoo's way. it's so incredibile easy to do for 25 cents.
If you use a safeshutdown it's usefull to get a gpio expander to take advantage of those extra pins.
Got the thing poked in a breadboard and it works so you're good to go, but i didn't used it myself, why..you will see on your way.
i hope you get it done soon. as far as ive seen you could take use of some more chips too.

Good luck guys,
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

cainkirisgai

Post by cainkirisgai » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:48 am

ok so i think i finally found out what was really messing me up. The power distribution board, dont have one and wasnt sure what that board was at all at first finally got back to being able to do some reading into it to find out what it was and now it makes sense on the wiring, so next question is do i need it or can i wire a different way?

cainkirisgai

Post by cainkirisgai » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:09 pm

after checking some of the install code I cant seem to find the values to change to get it to work with adafruit ads1115.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:50 am

cainkirisgai wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:09 pm
after checking some of the install code I cant seem to find the values to change to get it to work with adafruit ads1115.

you should be able to find it here....

Mintybatterymonitor/MintyBatteryMonitor.py

line 55 is where you can adjust the values for the ADS1115

cainkirisgai

Post by cainkirisgai » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:53 am

well found out why i couldnt find it lol installed the GBZ battery monitor instead of minty

cainkirisgai

Post by cainkirisgai » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:53 pm

so it seems the battery script is not compatible with the adafruit audio bonnet whenever i install it it messes up my audio might have to look at it a bit further.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:10 am

Hooked up an ADS 1015 to my current build and used Hoolys script. Works absolutely fine. Thanks again, guys.

TheHappiestBug

Post by TheHappiestBug » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 am

You didn't change any values, just wired it up?