SNES BUTTONS & MORE (read if planning a SNES colorway)

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Nikolett

Re: SNES BUTTONS & MORE (read if planning a SNES colorway)

Post by Nikolett » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:03 am

VeteranGamer wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:00 am
Nikolett wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:48 am
Has anyone tried the deadpanrobot set ?

the buttons & sets deadpan robot sell are really good quality (this does NOT include the budget buttons)....
they are not like the re-pro buttons you can get on aliexpress, eBay or similar (these are the budget buttons on his site)

the quality is good...
the colors and the feel and look of the buttons are better than the re-pro (budget) buttons

but if your going for a SNES/Famicom colorway and your willing to spend £10 on 4 buttons
IMHO
the better option would be to buy a original SNES/Famicom controller and use the buttons from there
it will be cheaper, you'll have genuine Nintendo parts and the whole point of this, the colors are not in question...
(just make sure the buttons look OK.... I've personally opted to buy the most yellowed housing ones with good buttons)

Thank you for the insight ! I'm probably going to do that instead !

deolsunny533

Post by deolsunny533 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:34 am

Thank you veteran. I have the same concern as yours as for the button. Even if i’m not using snes type buttons, i bought mine from dead pan robot and another bunch from ebay, and all of them are slightly smaller than the holes.

aargonne44

Post by aargonne44 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:43 am

Thanks, that's very informative :oops:

Torvic20

Post by Torvic20 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:36 am

I had been looking for these buttons for a long time, my GBZ is quite old, but the machinery works perfectly, the button sponges are the ones that have suffered wear, I am going to buy them from AliExpress, when they arrive I will tell you how it went with the purchase.