Interchangeable battery in gameboy game cartridge?

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
FlashyFrank

Interchangeable battery in gameboy game cartridge?

Post by FlashyFrank » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Not sure if this is something that has been done. Seems like the battery I have is almost the same size as a Game Boy game and I the thought came to me that it would be pretty cool if the cartridge was the battery and you could swap it out real fast just by popping it out and popping a fresh one in. Thoughts?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Interchangeable battery in gameboy game cartridge?

Post by Helder » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Not unless you have a high capacity capacitor in the power line to hold a little charge while you do so. Likely better off have a switch to switch between the 2 with capacitor mentioned so it smooths any powrr spikes and also maintains a charge while switching.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.