Sourcing gbz buttons from multiple sources (for the same build)

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
djascher

Sourcing gbz buttons from multiple sources (for the same build)

Post by djascher » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi modders,

Quick question for you all. I'm hoping someone has some knowledge on this topic.

Are all gbz buttons from the different vendors to be taken as having the same dimensions? Or are there slight but noticeable differences in width, height etc?

There is a method to my madness.

I'm currently tossing up between two color schemes for my upcoming kite build.

One of the ideas would feature different colored buttons (not snes) and, although I have found the colors, not any one vendor has them all. So, would I be safe with a mix n match?

Any advice / input / opinions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
David.

CrogDog

Re: Sourcing gbz buttons from multiple sources (for the same build)

Post by CrogDog » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:38 pm

I would think it would be fine to use ones from separate vendors. I've bought quite a few buttons from a few different vendors, and I would say as long as you bought buttons meant for the same system (dmg, gbc, nes, snes, etc) they would probably be the same, as they were most likely cast from originals at one point

djascher

Re: Sourcing gbz buttons from multiple sources (for the same build)

Post by djascher » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:28 pm

So just for an fyi for the community: for my upcoming pacman themed build, I did have to order the buttons from two different suppliers, and while they are the same size etc, there was a noticeable difference in quality. One vendor had buttons that looks slightly more round at the top and look more solid.

But, confirming you can mix n match