Cart

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.

Re: Cart

Post by 1461748123 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:18 am

Kilren wrote:
1461748123 wrote: Yeah, since DMG is quit old people have cracked the system. That's why you can now download games and run on simulators. Original game cart can be really expensive for certain games, so people just make some fake cartridge and flash in any games they want, apply the sticker and sell them at a high price. Don't get me wrong, they are actually working cartridges, the only difference is they are made by third-parties. :D

EDIT: I have some fake one in my collection as well
Gotcha. Makes a lot of sense. It's done for every other system in existence if the technology is available. I just wasn't aware of the method for the DMG.

It almost seems like these are optimal for the soldering if you know what you're buying. They have cleaner traces that have pinholes. Makes it simpler.
Those are actually vias, to connect the bottom and top trace together. To maximize the profit and minimize the cost they use big drill size. Smaller the drill size, higher the cost to buy the machines :D

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:20 am

1461748123 wrote:
Kilren wrote:
1461748123 wrote: Yeah, since DMG is quit old people have cracked the system. That's why you can now download games and run on simulators. Original game cart can be really expensive for certain games, so people just make some fake cartridge and flash in any games they want, apply the sticker and sell them at a high price. Don't get me wrong, they are actually working cartridges, the only difference is they are made by third-parties. :D

EDIT: I have some fake one in my collection as well
Gotcha. Makes a lot of sense. It's done for every other system in existence if the technology is available. I just wasn't aware of the method for the DMG.

It almost seems like these are optimal for the soldering if you know what you're buying. They have cleaner traces that have pinholes. Makes it simpler.
Those are actually vias, to connect the bottom and top trace together. To maximize the profit and minimize the cost they use big drill size. Smaller the drill size, higher the cost to buy the machines :D
Then they can be used instead of needing to tap into the traces right?

Post by 1461748123 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:40 am

Kilren wrote:
1461748123 wrote:
Kilren wrote:

That's correct ;)

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:42 am

1461748123 wrote:
Kilren wrote:
1461748123 wrote:
That's correct ;)
Then they're incredibly simpler than buying the old oem dmg games. Any chance you know if you can search for them specifically instead of getting a bootlegged/pirated game by chance?

Post by 1461748123 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:50 am

Kilren wrote:
1461748123 wrote:
Kilren wrote: Then they can be used instead of needing to tap into the traces right?
That's correct ;)
Then they're incredibly simpler than buying the old oem dmg games. Any chance you know if you can search for them specifically instead of getting a bootlegged/pirated game by chance?
Well, the only way you can get them without any games on it is the custom one, like the one that kitsch-bent made. They cause more than a bootlegged cartridge :?

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:52 am

1461748123 wrote:

Well, the only way you can get them without any games on it is the custom one, like the one that kitsch-bent made. They cause more than a bootlegged cartridge :?
Darn. Guess I'll stick to buying out the world's supply of R1-race then for the carts :P

CandyManCriminal

Post by CandyManCriminal » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:07 pm

so i drilled out the blob and everything is good now, them points make for good soldering