GBC AIO

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
erik_gee

Re: GBC AIO

Post by erik_gee » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:06 pm

Spyder wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:51 pm
Extremely rad. Curiousity, where is the power switch? Any thought of changing the X/Y button placement?
The power switch is in the normal spot, on the right side.

I've tried multiple layouts, and every time I changed it, I got 50% bad feedback haha if you look at the earlier pictures, it was different than the most recent ones posted. I tried 3 different ways and settled on this one, which is similar to the gb pocket mods around here. It doesn't cut through the logo.
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:57 pm

I see it now. I never noticed that the power switch was on a different spot on the color. I had the DMG brand new as a kid and by the time the color came out I was into roller hockey big time and that took up most of my life. Gotcha on the buttons. If it works, use it. Any plans for L/R buttons?

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:37 pm

I had a DMG but the color was the first system that i was really into.

As of now, i havent been able to put too much time into shoulder buttons. I tested a few different options a while back but the main issues that pop up is 1) that back areas where it would go is curved, which makes it a little funky to work with 2) there are any screwposts near the location i'd like to put it. The closest one would create a stress point since it isnt centered. 3) the pi itself prevents me from created a pcb-mounted bracket which was my last option.

I'm still looking into it, but i didnt want it to hold up the whole project
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

infinitLoop

Post by infinitLoop » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:02 am

erik_gee wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:37 pm

As of now, i havent been able to put too much time into shoulder buttons. I tested a few different options a while back but the main issues that pop up is 1) that back areas where it would go is curved, which makes it a little funky to work with 2) there are any screwposts near the location i'd like to put it. The closest one would create a stress point since it isnt centered. 3) the pi itself prevents me from created a pcb-mounted bracket which was my last option.

what about something mounted on the battery cover? is there enough clearance there?

MrErickson

Post by MrErickson » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:18 am

How is the board coming along? The collection could use a GBC in the mix.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:25 pm

Currently on a business trip in Tennessee so few things out on hold. I'm in the process of acquiring quotes for full assemblies, as I won't have the man power for good throughput doing things solo

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Sat May 23, 2020 8:39 pm

Well its about time. Its finally done ! Preorders are going to be going up soon with more details, but below are some highlights and pictures.
Follow me on my instagram, thats where i am most active and will be posting first once preorders go up Glitch'd Gaming

• Led indicator for charging/charged/low battery in orginal led location
  • auto low battery shutdown
  • safe shutdown from switch
  • optional usb port
  • digital audio
  • easy access to sd card from battery compartment
  • custom cover for cart area
  • cover around charge port to block debris
  • easy access hard shut off switch in the old dc port for emergency
Awesome PicturesShow

MrErickson

Post by MrErickson » Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 pm

Awesome news! I'll be sure to start checking in regularly.

MrErickson

Post by MrErickson » Mon May 25, 2020 9:31 am

erik_gee wrote:

Looking at a GBC shell I had sitting around and the 3D printed parts from Wermy's Circuit Shield video and they look like they fit with some shell modifications (required anyway when used with a MGB shell), the model would probably need some tweaks as the color shell has a bit more a gap between the screw posts than the pocket shell. Be it model modifications or perhaps swapping to different tactile buttons with longer buttons on them, perhaps add a little well within the bottom cap to help keep the tactile button lined up. Just a thought if you're still looking at L/R button options.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Mon May 25, 2020 10:13 am

MrErickson wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:31 am
erik_gee wrote:

Looking at a GBC shell I had sitting around and the 3D printed parts from Wermy's Circuit Shield video and they look like they fit with some shell modifications (required anyway when used with a MGB shell), the model would probably need some tweaks as the color shell has a bit more a gap between the screw posts than the pocket shell. Be it model modifications or perhaps swapping to different tactile buttons with longer buttons on them, perhaps add a little well within the bottom cap to help keep the tactile button lined up. Just a thought if you're still looking at L/R button options.
I was messing around with my other bracket for the dmg. Its a perfect fit horizontally. Problem is, it starts running in to the pi a bit vertically. Plus, there arent any screw posts near by to screw it into, so it would have to be glued in. And I'm a big opponent to glue.

Since its going to be a bit between making the order and receiving them, i might try a few different things. Since I have the time. But I unfortunately cant guarantee anything.