Help: unable to find pinout for tft board

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
DirtyBullets

Help: unable to find pinout for tft board

Post by DirtyBullets » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Ok I'm doing a gameboy zero project on the cheep for a work mate but hes given me an unknown LCD and LCD board, ive tried googling it but no luck,

I know where the video and audio goes (was very badly soldered on) but i don't know where the power goes and where to jump the wire for the 5v,

The board and lcd was held together with off cuts of hard foam with superglue....hence only costed him £10

here are some images,

Fleder

Re: Help: unable to find pinout for tft board

Post by Fleder » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:27 am

Hi there,

google the names on those 3 8legged ICs and try to find datasheets or at least what they are for.
That way you can find out which IC to "short". But always try to run it on 5v first.

I found the datasheet for the main chip here: http://www.newhavendisplay.com/app_notes/BIT1612.pdf

For the power part. You had no wires attached? Not a clue?
It seems there are solder points for a button board.
I would guess that those 4 points on the side are for 2 Video Outputs, GND and + but this is only a guess.
You could try to follow those traces and figure out what goes where.
Compare those to other boards to see if you find similarities in where the + traces lead.

Usually GND is easy to spot, since it is connected to more than one part.