Rpi Zero Power

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
IAmOrion

Rpi Zero Power

Post by IAmOrion » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:39 am

Quick Q for those that have built this already - how do you power the Pi? Via the GPIO +5v and GND Pins?
=================================================================

Scrap that, I'll stop being lazy and I'll desolder my LCD pins, and connect them to a power strip board and connect the RPiZero to it as well.

I'm an idiot :D
Last edited by IAmOrion on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

DirtyBullets

Re: Rpi Zero Power

Post by DirtyBullets » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:11 am

IAmOrion wrote:Quick Q for those that have built this already - how do you power the Pi? Via the GPIO +5v and GND Pins?
do you mean as in supply power or keep power on but have a push switch to turn on or off?

to supply power there are PP (pad probing) pads under the connector. (forgot which pad was what) sure someone will answer it lol, (sorry in a rush)

IAmOrion

Re: Rpi Zero Power

Post by IAmOrion » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:21 am

Yeah, I mean supply power. I presume in wermys it comes from his little power board. The +ve/-ve under the micro usb port are connected to my screen as per the guide so wasn't sure on how he did the Pi power (Ignoring any buttons/switches/power-boost/batteries etc, just the physical power connection to the board)