Screen size

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
sandog

Screen size

Post by sandog » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:57 am

I need to know what screen will work with my setup. I have gotten my parts over time so I can really remember what and where they came from I know my screen is a LQ035NC111 but the bracket and the glass I'm not sure about them. The issue is you can see the metal around the front of the screen. Please see the pics from the links.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eGdYdwU6GrffWsGWA

rodocop

Re: Screen size

Post by rodocop » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:19 am

flip the screen 180 degrees and install the other way, see if that helps.

MrErickson

Post by MrErickson » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:52 am

After flipping the screen, add "display_rotate=2" to the boot/config.txt and reboot. This should flip the display 180 degrees so it shows "correctly" on your inverted screen. I believe this will cause the display to show upside down if you use the HDMI port but I haven't tested this, worth noting though.

Another option would be to use a different 3D printed bracket. There are some that orient the screen as you show leaving more of a gap at the top.

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:25 am

That does flip the hdmi and composite output, something I didn't consider in my build so now the hdmi output is upside down :lol: