Custom Buy List!

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
VeteranGamer

Re: Custom Buy List!

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:33 am

dvanw6 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:55 am
Huh well this circuit board would actually look really good with a clear case, I'll keep an eye out, and when I made my style comment I'm just meaning I like to make things look good and I really want this to have a professional look, especially since my career is design.

don't take that too much to heart....
I was only busting your chops....

getting a professional look on the outside isn't that difficult (even thou some still fall short)
especially as nearly everyone is using brand new parts (case/shells, buttons and screen surrounds)
most of the builds look very decent (professional) on the outside because of the use of brand new part....
its on the inside that you get to see how professional they look (or how much care and attention they've put in)

but seeing as you've highlighted that you have a career in design....
there are a couple of clear design flaws in you plans/shopping list (bad/wrong item choices)
that will never let you achieve a professional look on the outside
(no matter how many of the parts are brand new or the amount of effort you put in)....

I would still suggest opting for a Kites CSO (keep a good eye out for that, they'll be up For Sale soon)