RPi alternatives that support DPI

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Sushi

RPi alternatives that support DPI

Post by Sushi » Wed May 22, 2019 5:02 pm

In my opinion, one of the RPi's "killer features" is that it has DPI output. For my purposes, this is absolutely essential as it guarantees that I don't have to use a crappy composite output or deal with the bulk of HDMI. Does the BPi Zero support DPI? If it doesn't, are there other SBCs that do? RPis are great but I want to see what else I'm free to use!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: RPi alternatives that support DPI

Post by Helder » Wed May 22, 2019 11:12 pm

Unfortunately they do not support dpi and the Orange pi as well if I remember correctly.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

sgtgrumbles

Re: RPi alternatives that support DPI

Post by sgtgrumbles » Thu May 23, 2019 3:52 pm

Nano Pi Fire 2a or 3. Works fine but uses a proprietary communication protocol ("FriendlyARM’s one-wire technology") for some of the commands. Supposedly, the driver is open source.

Setup instructions: http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index. ... CD_Modules
3.5" LCD: http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index.php/LCD-W35B