Anyone know the Gray Color name for the gameboy?

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
dirtybeagles

Anyone know the Gray Color name for the gameboy?

Post by dirtybeagles » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:19 am

Wanted to pick up some paint but wanted the same gray color. I will probably white wash it and not just put paint on it. Was wondering if there was a way to get the right color cray from home depot or some other department store. Any thoughts?

MiL0

Re: Anyone know the Gray Color name for the gameboy?

Post by MiL0 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:45 am

dirtybeagles wrote:Wanted to pick up some paint but wanted the same gray color. I will probably white wash it and not just put paint on it. Was wondering if there was a way to get the right color cray from home depot or some other department store. Any thoughts?
In the UK, you can take an item with you to the shop and they'll scan it, work out the colour and produce a pot of paint in the same colour for you. Doesn't home depot offer a similar service?

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:21 pm

MiL0 wrote:
dirtybeagles wrote:Wanted to pick up some paint but wanted the same gray color. I will probably white wash it and not just put paint on it. Was wondering if there was a way to get the right color cray from home depot or some other department store. Any thoughts?
In the UK, you can take an item with you to the shop and they'll scan it, work out the colour and produce a pot of paint in the same colour for you. Doesn't home depot offer a similar service?
Not sure, but I will go check it out today.

Rod2D2

Post by Rod2D2 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:53 pm

dirtybeagles wrote:
MiL0 wrote:
Not sure, but I will go check it out today.
Yes any paint or hardware store that sells paint like lowes, home deport, sherwin williams all can scan and do a color match.

dirtybeagles

Post by dirtybeagles » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:56 am

Good news that the homedepot was able to match the paint.. the bad news, they could not put in a spray can and painting it was a pain. It did not turn out to my liking to be honest. I am going to try this approach instead: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ting#p3221

They used a spray and primer mix that turned out very well. I will report back with pictures if it turns out well :)