Eggbowl's first CSL Build with custom LR buttons

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
eggbowl

Eggbowl's first CSL Build with custom LR buttons

Post by eggbowl » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:57 am

Hi all, decided it was finally time to share my csl build. It's not 100% done, but more on that later.

It's a pretty standard csl build with gray case and snes multicolor buttons. The two things that make it different are the screen protector and the LR buttons.
For the screen, I didn't like how the bottom right corner was cut off, so I decided to have an even cut all around. (Thanks to Gambino for help cutting the case.) I planned on making a custom acrylic screen lens with a laser cutter, but corona got in my way 😞. My access to soldering equipment and laser cutter is restricted to my school, but since that's closed down idk how long it will be until I can go back. I looked into online laser cutting services but they're way too expensive for my liking.
SpoilerShow
The other thing, is these custom LR buttons I've made. I designed them in fusion 360, and printed the holders with my mk3s. The buttons were printed on my school's form3 printer. I'm really happy with how they turned out. They feel and look great, and are totally flush with the case.
SpoilerShow
To get the r button working took some work around. I had to remove the terminal and then scratch off the solder mask and solder to the trace. It took me a few tries lol.
SpoilerShow
I also made my own cartridge label.
SpoilerShow

Spyder

Re: Eggbowl's first CSL Build with custom LR buttons

Post by Spyder » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:12 am

I love those L&R buttons. Feel like sharing the .stl for them. They look perfect!!!!

Norantio

Post by Norantio » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:29 pm

Those shoulder buttons look fantastic! Good color choice as well

eggbowl

Post by eggbowl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:45 pm

Thanks guys. I'm really proud of how the shoulder buttons came out. It took me quite a while to model them to fit nice and look right. Here's the .stl files, including the bumpers, holders, and cutting guides:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4505334
Feel free to use them in your builds. I only ask that you don't print them out and sell them. That being said, would anyone be interested in buying a kit of these, if you don't have a resin printer? I've been thinking about getting a resin printer for a while and this might be the push I need... let me know.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:04 am

That's awesome. Thank you. Looking forward for future projects.

eggbowl

Post by eggbowl » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:21 pm

I made an interest gauging form if anyone is interested in buying these from me.

https://forms.gle/TGaJbBuevAnaeJ667