BigStotty's Build Log

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
BigStotty

BigStotty's Build Log

Post by BigStotty » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:31 am

Hello All

So thought I would create this topoc as a log of my projects and thoughts as I start into my first gameboy pi. I will post my individual projects separately and link to them from here in edits.

I guess a bit of background first into my skills/knowledge. So always been into computers building my first at 10/11 (early 90s), later spending summer's in a pc factory building or debugging them and over the years building many for myself and others. I studied electronics for a few years at uni before moving on to the software and design side. So before a few years ago it had been also 17 years since I last did electronics.

Then about 2016 I got my first Pi to use as a media centre after retiring my old eee pc I had been using. Since then I got back into basic electronics running of other Pi's, amassing about a dozen in the house now.

Last year I stumbled across the Retroflag GB and thought it would be a great addition to my collection. But wasn't quite happy with the setup and thought there must be a better option, that's when I found you all here on sudomod.

Since then I have been reading thought all the posts and planning my next project. So I decided to start with Kite's board and see where that takes me. After waiting many long months the order window opened and I got myself a sword and shield (added bonus).

So without anymore stalling here is my first haul of parts that should keep me going a while.
SpoilerShow
So my plan is
1. Kite Sword in Gameboy Classic (DMG)
2. Kite Shield in Gameboy Pocket (GBP)
3. ABH in Gameboy Advance SP (GBASP)
4. SPecial project (when I get time)

I know from the picture I have multiple cases but this is just so I can do my first build in clear to see the inside before I pick a final case and make any changes.

So should be starting 1 and 2 in August and will update more then. Until then chill and take care of each other.

Shout outs:
Kite - for the awesome boards
Hoolyhoo - for the brackets and back buttons
VeteranGamer - for sending me the ABH board
ABH - for the SP board work
Codeman0624 - for the link to the SP volume slider

BigStotty

Re: BigStotty's Build Log

Post by BigStotty » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:31 am

Reserved

BigStotty

Re: BigStotty's Build Log