hueblo's GBZ build(complete)

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
hueblo

Re: hueblo's GBZ build(complete)

Post by hueblo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:17 am

Upgraded my V1 to V1.1 with the new pi 0 w. Hardware wise the transition is seamless, it would not allow me to update my previous retropie to work with the pi 0 w.

o-prime

Post by o-prime » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Did you make the onboard usb hub work on this Helder board? I've tried it a few month ago and it doesn't work for me so i used a external usb hub instead. I disassembled the gamboy zero, because it wasn't perfect to me. Now, after a few month, i want to reassemble the gamboy zero and i hope to get the onboard usb working.

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:23 pm

o-prime wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:24 pm
Did you make the onboard usb hub work on this Helder board? I've tried it a few month ago and it doesn't work for me so i used a external usb hub instead. I disassembled the gamboy zero, because it wasn't perfect to me. Now, after a few month, i want to reassemble the gamboy zero and i hope to get the onboard usb working.
With the new Pi 0 W you don't really need a usb hub. Helder has a few work arounds for keyboard/wifi issue but I don't really want to get into it. The only thing that does not work for me is a usb Keyboard but I don't have to worry about it since I just ssh in with my computer. I decided that if I keep troubleshooting I'm never going to be able to play games.