Retroheads GB2

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
crispy_tofu

Re: Retroheads GB2

Post by crispy_tofu » Wed May 18, 2016 6:35 pm

+1, I believe wermy has that one as well. :)

Retrohead95

Post by Retrohead95 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:56 pm

Kilren wrote:@Retrohead95

Here. You'll be incredibly thankful over that stinking chargeable one you have.

WEN Rotary Tool
Thanks. The sad part is my rotary tool costed more. It should make it a lot easier since my rotary tool does literally like 3 times a day.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed May 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Retrohead95 wrote:Thanks. The sad part is my rotary tool costed more. It should make it a lot easier since my rotary tool does literally like 3 times a day.
Yeah, I bought one of the chargeable ones also because I do a lot of woodwork and thought a mini-router would be quite handy. I'd rate my happiness for throwing that piece of crap in the trash along the same level of happiness as getting married, graduating, having a child... and so forth.

Also, I have several dremels, and burned out the motor on even more. That WEN isn't as tight of a tolerance as the dremels, but for all function and purpose is just as useful. You're not sacrificing much, especially in a project like this. The only difference where I prefer the dremel is with jobs I should be using a hand router anyway.

Retrohead95

Post by Retrohead95 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:46 pm

Kilren wrote:
Retrohead95 wrote:Thanks. The sad part is my rotary tool costed more. It should make it a lot easier since my rotary tool does literally like 3 times a day.
Yeah, I bought one of the chargeable ones also because I do a lot of woodwork and thought a mini-router would be quite handy. I'd rate my happiness for throwing that piece of crap in the trash along the same level of happiness as getting married, graduating, having a child... and so forth.
Lol. Yeah I share the same frustration. Hard to stay motivated when the dremel keeps dying. I also saw @wermy post the link to it in his YouTube comments and added it to my cart. Impatience got the best of me.

I finished dremeling the rear button holes so now I can finally put this dremel away. Just a little sending and I'll be done. It'll probably be a while until I get the teensy since shipping is so high. I'll just prep the cartridge port in the mean time.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 9894 times

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed May 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Retrohead95 wrote:
Kilren wrote:I finished dremeling the rear button holes so now I can finally put this dremel away. Just a little sending and I'll be done. It'll probably be a while until I get the teensy since shipping is so high. I'll just prep the cartridge port in the mean time.
That is looking really good. Good job on the repair work. It honestly looks like it is a well played and well loved GB.

Don't know where your based at, but maybe this is a good option to buy from? I can get it shipped to me cheaper than I can get it stateside. Maybe only the difference of $3USD. But I'm cheap. Plus, they're an awesome company in my experience so far. Pimoroni

Retrohead95

Post by Retrohead95 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Kilren wrote:
Retrohead95 wrote:
Kilren wrote:I finished dremeling the rear button holes so now I can finally put this dremel away. Just a little sending and I'll be done. It'll probably be a while until I get the teensy since shipping is so high. I'll just prep the cartridge port in the mean time.
That is looking really good. Good job on the repair work. It honestly looks like it is a well played and well loved GB.

Don't know where your based at, but maybe this is a good option to buy from? I can get it shipped to me cheaper than I can get it stateside. Maybe only the difference of $3USD. But I'm cheap. Plus, they're an awesome company in my experience so far. Pimoroni
Thanks man. You're a life saver. Now I just need the power switch, perf board and tactile switches for the screen and I have all my part :D

Retrohead95

Post by Retrohead95 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:03 pm

Added a psp analog stick. Might use the grey stick instead
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 9842 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 9842 times

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Thu May 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Retrohead95 wrote:Added a psp analog stick. Might use the grey stick instead
Without seeing it, I'm siding with the grey also. I think it'll break up the dominant black a little. It seems weird to have an L shape in the black. The grey will at least be in line with the other gray, and the black with the black. Of course, it's purely cosmetic and opinionated.

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Fri May 20, 2016 12:18 am

I agree, the black looks a little out of place on the bottom left. Is it comfortable to use? :)

Retrohead95

Post by Retrohead95 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:31 am

crispy_tofu wrote:I agree, the black looks a little out of place on the bottom left. Is it comfortable to use? :)
Yes it's pretty comfortable to use. Just need to figure out how to wire these up. Anyone know if it's possible to wire a analog stick to the gpio port?