Retroheads GB2

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
Masato

Re: Retroheads GB2

Post by Masato » Fri May 20, 2016 11:39 am

Retrohead95 wrote:
crispy_tofu wrote:I agree, the black looks a little out of place on the bottom left. Is it comfortable to use? :)
Yes it's pretty comfortable to use. Just need to figure out how to wire these up. Anyone know if it's possible to wire a analog stick to the gpio port?
The Pi has no analog, so you'll have to wire it to the Teensy, but it's pretty easy to program it in (might need to add a little deadband in the coding). I was planning on using GPIO and no teensy, but then wanted an analog stick so now I'm going to have to get a Teensy and go that route.

Retrohead95

Re: Retroheads GB2

Post by Retrohead95 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Masato wrote:
Retrohead95 wrote:
crispy_tofu wrote:I agree, the black looks a little out of place on the bottom left. Is it comfortable to use? :)
Yes it's pretty comfortable to use. Just need to figure out how to wire these up. Anyone know if it's possible to wire a analog stick to the gpio port?
The Pi has no analog, so you'll have to wire it to the Teensy, but it's pretty easy to program it in (might need to add a little deadband in the coding). I was planning on using GPIO and no teensy, but then wanted an analog stick so now I'm going to have to get a Teensy and go that route.
Thanks for clarifying. The coding is no problem for me so I'll stick with the teensy then.