D56: Gameboy Pi3

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
User avatar
pixelplus
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:43 am
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: D56: Gameboy Pi3

Post by pixelplus » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:06 pm

DirtyBullets wrote:
pixelplus wrote:might I ask what kind of glue/kit you are using? Seams more heavy duty than my 'ol gluegun :mrgreen:
i am currently using black hot melt glue sticks

this is the supplier :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271651973025? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Did not even know you could get hot glue in more colors than one :mrgreen:
Your supplier dont ship to sweden but now I know what to look after
thanks!

User avatar
RetroGamingNow
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:55 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: D56: Gameboy Pi3

Post by RetroGamingNow » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:29 pm

Any reason using one of @Helders All in one PCB's with this pi3 build would cause a problem? Seems like it would save a considerable amount of space etc considering no more teensy, or audio amp etc.

User avatar
RetroGamingNow
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:55 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: D56: Gameboy Pi3

Post by RetroGamingNow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:32 am

DirtyBullets wrote:
Kilren wrote:The LED buttons are a fun feature. How are you planning on controlling them and will it be interactive?
na they are just slow changing RGB led's and will add it to a switch inside so you can turn on or off to save power... :geek:
Could you specify what size LED's you went with and what size resistors used please. The pictures show it but for us noobs out here actual specs would be awesome! Thank you!

User avatar
DirtyBullets
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 4:05 pm
Location: Lowestoft, UK
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Contact:

Re: D56: Gameboy Pi3

Post by DirtyBullets » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:07 pm

RetroGamingNow wrote:Any reason using one of @Helders All in one PCB's with this pi3 build would cause a problem? Seems like it would save a considerable amount of space etc considering no more teensy, or audio amp etc.
The only thing i can think off is there room between the battery and the keyboard because when i had the wires over it was crushing it. so IMO i dont think there is room unless you use smaller size battery or make the battery sit lower in the case.
RetroGamingNow wrote:
DirtyBullets wrote:
Kilren wrote:The LED buttons are a fun feature. How are you planning on controlling them and will it be interactive?
na they are just slow changing RGB led's and will add it to a switch inside so you can turn on or off to save power... :geek:
Could you specify what size LED's you went with and what size resistors used please. The pictures show it but for us noobs out here actual specs would be awesome! Thank you!
sure....

they are 5mm RBG slow changing led's but you will need to add a 100 - 150 ohm resistor on each led, (don't total them up and use one cos it wont work.)

User avatar
RetroGamingNow
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:55 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: D56: Gameboy Pi3

Post by RetroGamingNow » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:07 am

DirtyBullets wrote:
RetroGamingNow wrote:Any reason using one of @Helders All in one PCB's with this pi3 build would cause a problem? Seems like it would save a considerable amount of space etc considering no more teensy, or audio amp etc.
The only thing i can think off is there room between the battery and the keyboard because when i had the wires over it was crushing it. so IMO i dont think there is room unless you use smaller size battery or make the battery sit lower in the case.
RetroGamingNow wrote:
DirtyBullets wrote: na they are just slow changing RGB led's and will add it to a switch inside so you can turn on or off to save power... :geek:
Could you specify what size LED's you went with and what size resistors used please. The pictures show it but for us noobs out here actual specs would be awesome! Thank you!
sure....

they are 5mm RBG slow changing led's but you will need to add a 100 - 150 ohm resistor on each led, (don't total them up and use one cos it wont work.)
Thank you!

jazzy
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:56 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: D56: Gameboy Pi3

Post by jazzy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:36 am

Hey there, can i ask what screen you are using?

User avatar
CaptainDurden
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:24 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: D56: Gameboy Pi3

Post by CaptainDurden » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:54 pm

jazzy wrote:Hey there, can i ask what screen you are using?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5inch-lcd-dis ... 0921787082
Helder wrote:People spend so much time in asking questions and no time looking for an answer that is available.

SkybotLivendale
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:49 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: D56: Gameboy Pi3

Post by SkybotLivendale » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:37 pm

DirtyBullets wrote:
Kilren wrote:The LED buttons are a fun feature. How are you planning on controlling them and will it be interactive?
na they are just slow changing RGB led's and will add it to a switch inside so you can turn on or off to save power... :geek:
I've been looking into this myself, because there doesn't seem to be a good way to make a compact slider for the RGB LEDs colors.

So far this is the best I've found.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

You can strip off the out coating and wire it up probably pretty easy. Here's what the bare board looks like:
20160922_213318.jpg
20160922_213318.jpg (3.44 MiB) Viewed 3538 times

musty_666
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:34 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: D56: Gameboy Pi3

Post by musty_666 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:48 am

Awesome build!! I love how you inserted the RPI3, i'm thinking on doing this in my future build, cause I have a RPi2 that I don't actually use lol. And the leds are incredible!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Acetryx and 1 guest