YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
salami738

Re: YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Post by salami738 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:21 am

Hi Yaya,

i would like to use the S2 battery in my GBZ too.
Do you have a tutorial on how to make your own pogo pin connector? Or a premade one?

greetings

YaYa

Re: YaYa's first GBZ - Kite's SAIO - Big Battery - NO Glue - Custom 3D parts - DC Jack - minimum case mod

Post by YaYa » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:45 am

salami738 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:21 am
Hi Yaya,

Do you have a tutorial on how to make your own pogo pin connector? Or a premade one?

greetings
I’ll post pictures tonight. The latest custom 3D part went for printing this morning, normally it should be ok now. I’ll post the stl also tonight for anyone interested in going in the same way.
Unfortunately, i do not have a 3D printer so i cannot provide you one but you can, like me, use 3DHubs to find a local printer
Follow me on instagram Image

shesaysidontlisten

Post by shesaysidontlisten » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 am

YaYa wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:45 am
salami738 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:21 am
Hi Yaya,

greetings
I’ll post pictures tonight. The latest custom 3D part went for printing this morning, normally it should be ok now. I’ll post the stl also tonight for anyone interested in going in the same way.
Unfortunately, i do not have a 3D printer so i cannot provide you one but you can, like me, use 3DHubs to find a local printer
Hooray! I have been delaying altering my battery tray as I waited for more specifics about how you did this. I'll have to send it out for printing, too.

Thanks YaYa.

Codemaster123

Post by Codemaster123 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:35 am

its this for pi3 or pi zero as well

##########################
#### DISABLE BLUETOOTH ######
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

thank you

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:42 am

It is for both :mrgreen:

Codemaster123

Post by Codemaster123 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:04 am

YaYa wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:42 am
It is for both :mrgreen:
thank you

so you type

#### DISABLE BLUETOOTH ######
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

or just

dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

neolith

Post by neolith » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:13 am

Lines starting with # are comments. While not necessary the config file might be easier to read with them.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

cnobles

Post by cnobles » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Hey Yaya,

Were you able to get the pictures for how you did the pin connector, or the STL file link? I'm wanting to go down this same path with my battery setup as well.

Thanks!

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:13 pm

cnobles wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:07 pm
Hey Yaya,

Were you able to get the pictures for how you did the pin connector, or the STL file link? I'm wanting to go down this same path with my battery setup as well.

Thanks!
I am waiting for the last print (hopefully the last) for the pogo pin holder. I'll have the print in my hands Thursday so this weekend i'll post a complete how to grind / install / connect the battery.
I have promised last day to post pictures of the compartment modification but i realized that i don't have good pictures and self explanatory pictures so, i'll make them with the new design. Making an installation guide with the wrong part would have no sense, and posting bad pictures would have no sense too (i love perfection in case people didn't notice this hahaha)

I know the time is passing and people are waiting but as i don't have a printer, everything is geting verrrrry long :cry:

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:14 pm

update 06/11/2017

UPDATED THE DOWNLOADS PART I :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4258&p=48176#p48176

Added latest version of the pogo pins holder (hopefully the last version)
Also added the battery holder to fill the battery case and hold tight the battery in the case :D