Yoshi's Circuit Sword Build (Split Colour Shell, DMG Back Button Bracket, Custom Stickers)

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
YaYa

Re: Yoshi's Circuit Sword Build (Split Colour Shell, DMG Back Button Bracket, Custom Stickers)

Post by YaYa » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Nice work with the stickers :mrgreen: thanks for the shout :D
Follow me on instagram Image

djascher

Re: Yoshi's Circuit Sword Build (Split Colour Shell, DMG Back Button Bracket, Custom Stickers)

Post by djascher » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Yoshi, question on your cartridge... is it an original white case, or some other colour painted white?

And with the back buttons, I assume you can't fit the cartridge connector. Is the cartridge just staying put due to tension / friction? Because from your pictures, it looks like the cartridge is still removable...

Thanks,
David

ps still loving this build. It inspired my (upcoming) build...

neolith

Post by neolith » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:03 am

Awesome! A nice update to your already cool looking build!
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

Y0SHI

Post by Y0SHI » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:56 am

Hi djascher, it is a game boy colour cart which I spray painted white as it was originally black. To be honest I am already planning to do another as I am not 100% happy with how this turned out. The paint didn't cover as well as I had hoped and I was a bit heavy handed when I was cleaning it up and managed to damage the bottom left section surrounding the logo. I think I will try the same process but on an original grey cart next time so that the base colour isn't so hard to cover. The cartridge is held in with a strip of good ol' double sided tape ... again not 100% happy with this either, it does the job but it is something I'm going to look at when I do my second cart.

BTW, I'm looking forward to your upcoming build :)
Check out my build - Yoshi's Circuit Sword Build
Check out my CSO DMG Back Button Bracket - Yoshi's CSO DMG L&R Back Button Assembly

Y0SHI

Post by Y0SHI » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Nice one Merlin! ... ordered and it is on its way :)
Check out my build - Yoshi's Circuit Sword Build
Check out my CSO DMG Back Button Bracket - Yoshi's CSO DMG L&R Back Button Assembly

Nicode70

Post by Nicode70 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Do you have a picture of the final product with the white cart?
I really love your built.
https://instagram.com/nicoGBPi
Nintendo ID: 0954-8664-4922

Pyro4fun

Post by Pyro4fun » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:23 am

This is a top notch build! I love the color scheme and the stickers make it so much more complete! The button list inside the battery cover is genius and the little touches like the QR code is awesome!
Will YaYa have the button code sticker or is it posable to share it here somewhere?

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 am

I was thinking about making one :D
Follow me on instagram Image