Flashy's First Build

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
FlashyFrank

Flashy's First Build

Post by FlashyFrank » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:29 pm

This is my first GBZ and i am pretty happy with it. I ran into a lot of problems here and there but I was always able to find some help on here! (Shout out to rodocop for all the help!)
This is really my first attempt at a project this big and I have had very little experience with soldering and programming so I am sort of surprised it even came together at all. ;p
SpoilerShow
That being said there are some obvious cosmetic flaws and a few hardware flaws (external usb only provides power, no data transfer)
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Still happy and proud of how it came out. Still working on making a more refined better version. :)

There are tons of examples of perfect builds that look awesome and clean on the inside. I wanted to show off how messy it can be and still work. My next version will be better!
SpoilerShow
This is what happens when your battery is too big!!!
SpoilerShow
(This mess of wires gives me nightmares. I am sorry that you now have been exposed to it.)
SpoilerShow
Now this thing might look like a hot mess on the inside but it still fits together and runs just fine. This is an example of a very unprofessional first build. Do not be discouraged if your first build is not a pretty as Veteren's 3rd, but do be inspired!

I will be back with my second and even third builds soon?

Italian77

Re: Flashy's First Build

Post by Italian77 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:24 pm

The purple buttons with the black shell look good. I really like the placement of your rear buttons on the corner like that. How does it feel in that placement when you play it?
My first Circuit Sword build - Custom Painted
https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5855

FlashyFrank

Re: Flashy's First Build

Post by FlashyFrank » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Italian77 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:24 pm
The purple buttons with the black shell look good. I really like the placement of your rear buttons on the corner like that. How does it feel in that placement when you play it?

In all honesty the rear buttons do not feel natural and can be awkward when used a lot. Most of the games I have been playing do not use the L and R buttons much so it hasn't been too bad but I have changed the placement on my second build.