Rodocop's 17th GBZ

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
Robochris

Re: Rodocop's 17th GBZ

Post by Robochris » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:31 am

rodocop wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:23 pm
Robochris wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:16 pm
Top notch as usual. If I remember correctly, you and I were building our firsts around the same time.. so I gotta ask, why so many? Lol
Hehe. I've been selling them. Typically I build them. Then post for sale, slowly been building up the paypal account over the past 1.5-2 years or so. Funds my hobby, and allows me to buy some things I likely would not have bought otherwise.

Although I just built a Kite Lite, which I plan to actually keep (for now at least!).

Pretty much enjoy building over actually playing so I figured why not just sell them.
Nice. I’m the same way. I love building them. The initial investment is what’s holding me back from the same thing.

McGyver

Post by McGyver » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:28 am

I like what you are doing and how you enjoy your hobby.
For me: I love to build them but play nearly never since my free time is always blocked by other things I enjoy to do. I do not sell my gameboys since theoretically I keep them for my kids to play but restrict the use to them a lot since they should not sit so long in front of screens. I want them to play most of there time in the real world...
I have still a big emotional link to my builds so I do not want to give them away... And I am afraid of selling to unexperienced people because I expect a lot of questions back because they possibly brick the system...

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:40 am

McGyver wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:28 am
I like what you are doing and how you enjoy your hobby.
For me: I love to build them but play nearly never since my free time is always blocked by other things I enjoy to do. I do not sell my gameboys since theoretically I keep them for my kids to play but restrict the use to them a lot since they should not sit so long in front of screens. I want them to play most of there time in the real world...
I have still a big emotional link to my builds so I do not want to give them away... And I am afraid of selling to unexperienced people because I expect a lot of questions back because they possibly brick the system...
Yes, my daughter is too little to even be able to play a gameboy yet (well not play it well :D , she's almost 3). I have an actual gameboy that I let her play with from time to time though, but it's mostly just her making kirby jump on the first screen of the first level hehe.

I don't have any sort of attachment to my builds, and if I kept them all i'd have way to many. And I barely have any time to play them either. I totally agree with selling to inexperienced buyers too. I have had a few that had zero knowledge, and I have had to walk them through multiple simple tasks. That is part of the reason why I have slowed down on selling them, it was starting to feel more like a job, and when I add all the time spent with customers it is starting to not seem worth it.

So now I will continue to build as i please, and just sell when I can. And hope that the buyer has some knowledge hehe.

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:52 am

rodocop wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:21 am
KonnorJ wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:00 am
Any chance of an inside pic? That glow looks awesome
Apparently I only have an internal photo of the front. The back really isn't much anyway, littleferris' 3d bracket fro the buttons, power switch and barrel port, and a banggood style powerboost.

Here's the front half (not showing battery monitor or shoulder buttons wires yet, also, I have since upgraded to a larger speaker, that little one was all I had at the time):

If I open it up again i'll snap a few more pics.
SpoilerShow
Damn those AIO boards really make stuff neater on the inside, looks awesome inside and out