First Circuit Sword

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
BenOfTheNorth

First Circuit Sword

Post by BenOfTheNorth » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Hey all, my first CS arrived yesterday, so naturally I've put it together. I'm in love - this thing rocks! I've gone with a white case for this one to offset my older black one. I won't bother with the internals photos as it's been done 1000% - the only thing I've done extra is paint the inside rim of the screen cutout black, this helps A LOT with the screen appearance, especially on a white shell. I also went with the volume wheel instead of HDMI (I have a pi already in place connected to my monitor so didn't see the need) - it works really well.

I'm using Helder's/GalaxyGaming battery (Which seems to have. lifetime of 1 million years), and HolyHoo's bracket for the screen.

Thank you Kite (And others mentioned!), it's brilliant, makes my old device feel like it's from the Stone Age - that screen... so sharp - you certainly don't need the 640 screen with this device 8-)
Old with the NewShow
Much screen, Such SharpShow

KonnorJ

Re: First Circuit Sword

Post by KonnorJ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:08 am

BenOfTheNorth wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:52 pm
Hey all, my first CS arrived yesterday, so naturally I've put it together. I'm in love - this thing rocks! I've gone with a white case for this one to offset my older black one. I won't bother with the internals photos as it's been done 1000% - the only thing I've done extra is paint the inside rim of the screen cutout black, this helps A LOT with the screen appearance, especially on a white shell. I also went with the volume wheel instead of HDMI (I have a pi already in place connected to my monitor so didn't see the need) - it works really well.

I'm using Helder's/GalaxyGaming battery (Which seems to have. lifetime of 1 million years), and HolyHoo's bracket for the screen.

Thank you Kite (And others mentioned!), it's brilliant, makes my old device feel like it's from the Stone Age - that screen... so sharp - you certainly don't need the 640 screen with this device 8-)
Old with the NewShow
Much screen, Such SharpShow
Looks fantastic, nice work!
Are those buttons from kitsch-bent? They look lovely in your build

BenOfTheNorth

Re: First Circuit Sword

Post by BenOfTheNorth » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:50 am

Not sure where I bought the grey buttons - the white ones on the older machine are from Kitsch yes, was a long time ago now though ha. Would love to have had another white silicone set for the white machine too!