Razor's GBZ progress

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
day

Re: Razor's GBZ progress

Post by day » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:21 pm

BibbitZ wrote:How has that battery pack held up? I'm looking into doing the same thing for mine.
same here, @razor any follow up retrospective ?

also, the tabs on top of the batteries, what did you use to do them ? is there any particular material/metal to use, or to avoid ? I already ordered the batteries without the tabs...

and one thing, when soldering, isn't the heat dangerous to the batteries ? if so, any advices ?
Last edited by day on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quatrerwin

Post by Quatrerwin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:11 pm

day wrote:
BibbitZ wrote:How has that battery pack held up? I'm looking into doing the same thing for mine.
same here, @razor any follow up retrospective ?

also, the tabs on top of the batteries, what did you use to do them ? I already ordered the batteries without the tabs...

and one thing, when soldering, isn't the heat dangerous to the batteries ? if so, any advices ?
From what I could find on the Internet, put the batteries in the freezer before soldering. Also the batteries with the tabs already on really help

day

Post by day » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:34 am

already ordered everything, and couldnt easily find neither a nice 4*(14500 3.7v 2300mAh) pack, nor nice batteries with tabs...so I guess I will go crazy and do it myself hoping the freezez thing will be enough and 3secondes on each batteries, with a pause between each will be enough so that they dont blow up on my face...

Giancky79

Post by Giancky79 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:07 am

Hi, the battery protector circuit whit link in first page is compatible with 2x18650 2200mah pack battery? i'm living in Italy and i have so much trouble to found a good battery 14500 :ugeek:

redled

Post by redled » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:45 pm

razor wrote:
Tue May 31, 2016 12:10 am
kappe wrote:I'm building a similar battery pack, and looking around i've found this little cheap charger:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HiLetgo-Rechar ... on+Battery

Can i use it for charge the battery pack (B+- connector) and power the pi zero at the same time? (Out+- connector)?
Looks like that will work but it probably won't fit in the battery bay if it's not modified. Mine was a very tight fit and the board was small enough to fit between 2 of the cells.
Is it possible to use a similar combined circuit protection module but wire it outside of the battery compartment? Why does it need to sit inside with the batteries like the slim inline type you found on ebay? @razor

--

This is my first post on here! Really excited, I just ordered all my parts and couldn't decide on a battery I was satisfied with until I found this post! Just ordered tabbed versions of the batteries for about $19 shipped to California. Really happy to be able to use the existing battery compartment for smarter use of space.