https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... boy_build/
- Case & Buttons & Glass: Galaxy Gaming Super Famicom https://galaxygaming.co.uk/shop/gameboy ... m-buttons/
- Contoller Board: Tinkerboy AIO v3.0.1 https://www.tinkerboy.xyz/product/tinke ... ontroller/
- Theme: TFT https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/107 ... -screens/2
- Status Icons: My Code https://github.com/phcreery/gbz_overlay
- Boot/Speed Optimization: disabled dhcpd (cons: no autoWIFI connection), disable Bluetooth in config.txt. If you have anymore, comment them!
- WIFI config script (keyboardless ssid & psk entry): https://github.com/phcreery/WIFIKeyManager-RetroPie
- Splash Screen: 4x3 modified of strdr-retropie-gb.png from https://github.com/HerbFargus/retropie- ... eens-extra
- The 3.5 LCD from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/BW-3-5-Inch-Moni ... BADCW1J29V with the 5v mod https://www.sudomod.com/wiki/index.php/GBZ_Screen gets a little bit hot (& assumably draws more current)
Afterward, I realized that Tinkerboys DPI adapter seats the Pi the exact way I wanted it and allows GPIO breakout (the main reason I opted for custom built 3.5 composite LCD) so next build I am definitely going to use that. (It is also much better resolution since the small text is kinda hard to read on the 3.5" composite screen.)
- The generic Li-ion battery charger was later replaced with an Adafruit Powerboost 1000c. The micro USB port if off a Micro USB OTG y-cable https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Y-Cable-ex ... 00EJP5XR2/
- The single 1500mAh battery was replaced with 3 1000mAh Li-ion phone batteries in parallel to create 3000mAh.
- I know, I don't have a safe shutdown switch and I'm currently working on it. If anyone knows a cheap method, comment it below!
PS. The only glue is on the Hot Glue on the 3D print holder of the LCD and the switch.
Edit: Added WIFI config script source code