_PixelPerfect - Themes for 320x240 screens!

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
Melonhead

_PixelPerfect - Themes for 320x240 screens!

Post by Melonhead » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi everyone! I'm kinda new to the sudomod scene, but while working on my own project I realized that there are virtually no emulation station themes built for 320x240 screens, or at least any themes that display pixels perfectly WITHOUT fuzzy borders. Well, I took on the mantle and made a small series of themes built specifically for 320x240 screens! Now introducing _PixelPerfect!

_PixelPerfect themes perfectly render pixels on 320x240 screens, allowing for a crisp and clean interface for any emulation station project! I currently have 5 of these themes, 4 being based on various gaming franchises.

SpoilerShow
The default theme, offers a slick black interface with clean white accents.

Mario
SpoilerShow
A red theme based off of mario. Good for you if you're a fan of the plumber, or just the color red.

Zelda
SpoilerShow
A green theme sporting the map and text box from Link to The Past.

FF
SpoilerShow
A "kinda" blue theme using the message box from final fantasy, with a feint decal of the old jobs from final fantasy 3. PS: The chocobo in the corner gets happy when you're about to play a game.

Pokemon
SpoilerShow
A grey theme that sports the decal from the limited edition pokemon gameboy color. Also uses the textbox graphic from pokemon red and blue for some added nostalgia.

Cons
Sadly there's a small downside to this theme. In order to render pixels correctly, I needed to remove the parallaxing effect that's present on the emulation station system view. The parallax causes images to display inconsistently, so it would cause blurry lines on otherwise perfect sprites. But honestly, I prefer perfect pixel rendering over a parallaxing effect. It's a small price to pay :lol:
Also, I don't have sprites for EVERY console, but I do have a lot! You can expect to have all nintendo, sega, and atari consoles, but certain weird ones might not have custom logos. Any logos that I don't have I've set to display a default arcade cabinet logo, so it shouldn't be TOO bad.

Download it here!

Feel free to use these on whatever projects you're working on! And if you have any ideas for any new _PixelPerfect styled themes, let me know! ;)

ENJOY!

JayCanuck

Re: _PixelPerfect - Themes for 320x240 screens!

Post by JayCanuck » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:14 pm

Oh wow! I do a lot of themed builds and these look perfect. Great job!

tinkerBOY

Re: _PixelPerfect - Themes for 320x240 screens!

Post by tinkerBOY » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:28 am

Awesome! It’s super sharp and clear!
81EC4E98-002B-43E6-AA90-606FF534C813.jpeg
81EC4E98-002B-43E6-AA90-606FF534C813.jpeg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 4141 times
Picture’s a little blurry coz I took a quick shot with a shaky hands with my iPad mini. It’s super clear and sharp in person.
New! tinkerBOY PowerSwitch v1.0 with Safe Shutdown
Game Boy Zero Controllers available @ tinkerBOY.xyz * Support
tinkerBOY Controller v3.0 - built-in usb controller, usb audio, and usb hub
tinkerBOY Controller v2.0 - GPIO buttons and builtin PWM Audio and Amplifier
tinkerBOY Controller v1.1 - simple pcb button
* DPI Adapter - better display for GBZ
* keyboard converters - IBM XT/AT Soarer's Converter | ADB to USB Converter